Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Francais? or Italiana?

WOW.  Never thought that a decision over a European country could be so hard.

I have been speaking with for a couple of weeks now two very amazing families.  One lives off the coast of the Ligurian sea near Milan in Italy, and the other?  2 blocks from the Sacre-Coeur in the heart of the 9th arrondissement in Paris.  What. a. decision.  I feel very strongly about both families and believe I could fit in both places.  The family in Paris has a darling, sweet 3 year old girl who loves princesses, dress up, and lives her life in pink! (Those of you who know me should agree that we would get along just great!) The family in Italy has 2 beautiful boys who seem to be well behaved, yet eager to learn.  Do I have anything in common with boys? No.  Did I grow up around boys? No.  But the mother's values match up very similar to my mothers.

What to do...what to do...

My heart has always been in Paris, ever since I was little reading about Madeline oh Madeline in two straight lines, I have wanted to speak the language fluently, people watch at a corner cafe, picnic in the Jardin du Luxembourg, and indulge myself on creme brulee and French pastries.  Taking a real picture of the Eiffel Tower versus one that has been painted, or mass produced so I could hang it on my wall.  Being with a great French family seems like it would only top off my experience.

Italy is surely running a VERY close second.  I met them today and absolutely fell in love with them.  The kids were fun, I got to meet the best friend and the husband and it seems I would just "fit."  They love to cook and travel, but they live in a small town with not a lot of public transportation.  I realize I can't go wrong....but what is RIGHT?  My stomach is in knots over this and I can't get it off of my mind. Sleep tonight? No way.
I need a sign. An omen. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment