Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

J'ai choisi Paris!

So excited to say that I will officially be an au pair in Paris! I have thought so long and hard about this decision, and I think that it is the right one for me.  I am just as excited to be enrolled in French language classes at the France Langue just down the street from l'Arc de Triomphe.  I cannot even imagine.  Back in the stress-free days of high school when I had no responsibilities and no cares in the world, I took French class.  I even ventured out to take Mrs. Thompson's French 3 class, which was very seldom offered, but I had several people in my class interested in taking it.  Thank goodness!  I learned more in her class than I did in 2 years of French at Ole Miss.  I probably need a very big refresher on verb conjugations and sentence structure.

Most of all, I am so excited to meet Marie-Cesare, the 3 year old girl who "lives her life in pink"according to her mother!  My mom brought home "Fancy Nancy" and "Pinkalicious"- 2 precious books that I can read to her.

Many people have asked me why I have decided to do this with my college degree, and why am I working so much for supposedly so little pay?  I expect to treat this not only as a learning opportunity, and wonderful experience, but a job as well.  Marie-Cesare and Gaspard's lives will be trusted with me, and that is more important than making a salad or greeting a guest at a hotel!  I expect to put everything into becoming their "older sister" but I am not expecting to make the big bucks.  If I wanted to be over worked and under paid....couldn't I find that here in America?  So-why not immerse myself in this exchange!!!?

Marie-Cesare's mother wrote in an email to me that she loves the fact that I use '!!!' so much.  I told her I feel periods are for boring people and I am definitely not boring!  Everyone knows that I'm a dreamer and an optimist...and I think that it is finally paying off!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment