Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, July 6, 2012

À bientôt!

Completely exhausted doesn't even begin to describe things right now.  Even my fingers are too exhausted to write you lovely things on my blog.  This week has been a whirlwind of activity, wonderful and not so wonderful....and I am sad to say that I said goodbye to 2 very, very dear friends of mine tonight.  I know I will see them both soon in the near future but until then I am sad to see them go!  Rozy and Laura....you both have made my last year in Paris so wonderful.  You are both such sweet, kindhearted, and loving girls....its not easy to let go!  I can't imagine picnics on the Champ de Mars, random nights spent in random gardens, or drinking some of the cheapest wine I've ever tasted without you both.  I can't even find the words amongst my jumbled brain to thank you enough for the time spent together this year.  I love you both!!!

Marie-Césare and I are off to the south of France tomorrow!!! I am so ready for some sunny weather I can barely stand it.  Now, I only hope I can catch up on some of that sleep I've been missing in my life! It's going to be difficult to spend these next two weeks on "vacation" essentially, without thinking of the million things I have to do in Paris in the 3 days before I leave...but I'm going to try and savor every moment, every mealtime, every dip in the swimming pool with Marie-Césare and her grandparents.  I can't even imagine the goodbyes coming my way and its incredibly difficult not to think about it.  I will blog about my last few weeks in Paris at some point.....maybe when I'm back in the US of A and things have settled down?? I've done some pretty cool things these past few weeks and I'd hate not to share it with you all!  That way I can keep writing and sharing my adventures-something that I love.  It's a win-win...no?  Until then, I'm off to spend another vacation in the south of France.  Soaking up fougasse, funny French accents, and les Alpilles for one last time .....À bientôt!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie....I can't explain how much I'm going to miss you. All I'm thinking about is Thanks Giving 2013. I love you so much, you've been a key role in making this the best year I've ever had.
    A bientôt et Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad for you, but good to head you're enjoying it while you can!!

    ReplyDelete