Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, July 26, 2013

#laterpost

Written on the 25th...posted on the 30th...oh well, at least you are reading!! haha...

July the 25th.... a day that I will never forget.  It was the gloomy day that I left Paris last year.  I remember getting up around 4 am, with no sleep.  I couldn't sleep that night tossing and turning wondering whether I was making the right decision.  Whether leaving my wonderful Paris was the right thing for me or not.  What was I going to do when I returned stateside?? Where would I go?? What kind of job was I going to get?? I was full of questions, externally you couldn't tell...but internally my stomach was twisted in knots.  

One hell of a year later, I can say that I am fully content with where I am.  Do I wish I was still in Paris?  Every day.  Do I love being here around my family and being able to see them often?  Absolutely.  Do I wish I could be in two places at once?  Of course.  Could I be in Paris and the States at the same time?  I wish...and only in a perfect world.  

The good news is...is that I am trying to potentially get to Paris next month!! Well, moreso Provence than Paris....but since my job makes it easy to pop over to France I figured why not?!!  Now if only I can get my mother to come along as well!  

It is wonderful and so welcoming that they would even invite me to come and stay with them in Maillane.  I am so grateful and so fortunate to have found such a wonderful family....how many times have you heard that??  And how many more times will you hear that??? Probably countless.  




1 comment:

  1. Oh, Maggie, that would be so perfect. You and mom, Didou and Padi. Provence in late summer. Ah, mon Dieu. It has to work.

    ReplyDelete