Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful

Well a couple of weeks ago now I received a very precious package in the mail!  

One of my best friends in the entire world (which is now quite an accomplishment...if I do say so myself) asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.  Alex, who lives in Houston, met her fiancé on match.com and things skyrocketed and moved very quickly.  I was doubtful at first, but the way her voice changed on the phone after they first met and her excitement and anticipation for their future together makes me so incredibly happy.  I am so honored and so blessed to be a part of her special day and wouldn't be anywhere else!  So looking forward to this journey together!


I also received fun mail today!  From France!  Although mail from France tends to send a mix of emotions...laughter, sentiment, smiles, sadness, happiness, tears, pride...its like a foreign chick flick on a page.  


I do love receiving those precious letters and dessins from Marie-Césare and hearing all the juicy gossip from her grandmother.  She always dishes on the new au pair, Chloé and her work, Franck and his sense of humor, Marie-Césare and her friends, and Gaspard's academic progress.  

Didou is such a blessing and I am so fortunate to have known her and that she is willing to communicate and make an effort to make me privy to what is going on in their lives.  Chloé doesn't exactly have the time, which I completely understand, and somehow she knows exactly what to say to make me feel better!  Kinda like my own grandmothers!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment