Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby I'm Back! Yea!

I'm back! 

Okay, so its not a New Years resolution (because that rule I will just break), but I'm going to try my hardest in 2014 to get back into the blog.  My life really isn't all that interesting, but talking to my family over the holidays helped me to realize that it is more interesting than most.  Especially since passengers seem to get crazier and crazier as the months go by......

I spent the beginning of the month of January at home....spending time with my family and friends, picking up on the holidays I missed out on.  I went back to work for four days then spent four more days at home.  I am currently on a flight back to New York where I will spend four days working then three days off...heading out to the Grand Canyon with my favorite friends and roommates, Paige and Tenee.  We haven't spent a lot of time together just the three of us in ....well, I can't even remember.  

As I sit in a packed 63 seat CRJ aircraft, I can't help but notice everyone around me.  The lady beside me that smells like fish tanks,nursing homes and chinese food.  The man across the aisle that asks that perpetually hated question when asked what he would like to drink by the flight attendant, "What do you have?"  Then the spiel of coke, diet coke, pepsi, diet pepsi, dr. pepper, orange juice, tomato juice..................................and the list continues until you finish ALL of the products in your cart and he decides upon a glass of water - no ice.  Get OUT of my life.
 The woman sitting in front of me is a hoity toity you-know-what that thinks she is better than anyone else....and acts as if sitting next to someone in coach is the most horrendous thing that's ever happened to her.  News flash: buy a first class seat.  Besides, your white girl weave is showing.  
Or, perhaps the mother sitting behind me with her four year old child whose shoes seem to easily find the back of my seat.  If I didn't have on my uniform, you can bet that I would put that childs feet to rest.  And last but certainly not least, there is an asian man sitting diagonal from me who is bald....but he has a mullet.  Don't ask me how its possible, I don't really know....but it is.  

I don't notice things like that when I work, because I have a job to do and not a lot of time to sit around and look at other people....but the general public is an interesting species.  I often wonder where everyone comes from, where are they going, and why can't they just follow the rules-but I'll save that one for another day. 
I suppose without all those crazy people I would be out of a job...so I guess I gotta suck it up and deal with it!  

I wish I could count all the pairs of pantyhose that I've been through in the year 2013.  I know I've been through at least 4 pairs of shoes.  I've smeared through 2 tubes of lipstick.  I've gone through two watches and probably 25 bottles of Purell.  I've learned to cover things like hotel remotes and phones with shower caps and ice bucket liners (smart, huh?) and never touch anything in an airplane lavatory.  

2013 was exciting!  I loved my new job, and I still do.... but the newness is beginning to wear off.  Would I be lying if I said I do it for the benefits?  Absolutely not. Would I be lying if I said some days I just want to say "no" to crew scheduling and forget the whole thing and just have a day off?  No.  But the people I work with are top notch, and so much fun.... despite their quirks our passengers are really very nice-sometimes a little needy-but make work fun.  What other job could I possibly have that allowed me to visit friends and family all over the world on my days off?  For free?!  

So I hope that I can transition the blog into something new and fun and relevant to my life as a flight attendant.  I hope that there are still readers hanging on out there....and I hope that I can provide lots of insight into the world of travel and airports...and for those of you in Galax or Lawrenceburg that live vicariously through this blog, I hope I can once again bring a little daily adventure back into your lives!  

1 comment: