Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Camels, Eiffel Towers, and Shortbread-Oh My!

I've had several "welcome home" parties over the past couple of weeks as I pass a little bit of time here in Lawrenceburg.  Mom held a lemonade and cookies get together last Friday for old and new neighbors, friends, and that night family came for pizza.  Last night their friends from Columbia came down as well as the Remke's and my dear friend Katie Lyn for a fun dinner on the patio.  Friday night was dinner at my dad's house.  My stepsister, Ann, has just returned from a language intensive summer program in Jordan (yes, the country) learning Arabic and of course I arrived last Monday so it seemed like a good idea to wait until we were both home.  We brought a different spin to the table this time and certainly a couple of more languages.  

What else was brought to the table?  These absolutely precious shortbread cookies Beverly made.  Camels for Ann and Eiffel Towers for me...how seemingly appropriate!  


Not only were they delicious, they were cute as a button!  

No comments:

Post a Comment