Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, August 3, 2012

How Could I Miss the Birthday Girl?

Better late than never I suppose....but I somehow completely skipped over Marie-Césare's birthday party photos.  The party was pretty much the same as last years, we did a double party with Manon...except this year we had it in Padi and Didou's garden in Viroflay instead of the Parc de Bercy.  We were able to have access to a sink, the bathroom, a playroom for the kids...it was quite nice.  I love French "children's" birthday parties because they turn out to be just as much of a party for the parents as they do for the kids.  Quiche, rillettes, all sorts of cheeses, salads, and of course...wine all make it onto the table.  

The kids were wild and all the parents took turns manning a "station."  Pin the nose on the clown, hook a duck, bowling, jump rope, and the egg and spoon race.  The parents that weren't manning a station were laying on blankets in the yard enjoying the sunshine. 



The whole crew.
Chasse aux oeufs.
Pin the nose on the clown.
Sweet Paul.
Marie-Césare's amazing Barbie cake and Manon's princess cake!  Chloé made the Barbie cake....it was quite impressive!

Blowing out the candles...
Fascinated by the Barbie cake...they don't use fondant a lot in France!
Enjoying the afternoon!
Super Paul!
Potato Sack Races!
A little cheating going on...

Marie-Césare and sweet Esther-Raphaella.
Cléo's precious brother Mischka and Lila-Sabrine's daughter!
The afternoon went by in a flash and before we knew it we were packing up to head home.  The kids were so well-behaved...I was surprised!  Neither Manon or Marie-Césare's birthdays are until August, but since no one is around in August and everyone is on vacation...we celebrate their birthdays before.  I knew it was the last time I would see many of her friend's parents, so it was a bittersweet goodbye!  Manon's mother and Cléo's mother have been so sweet to me over the course of my stay and have always tried to include me in conversations after school and taking care of the girls.  I will certainly miss them!  

This evening my mom is hosting a "welcome home" lemonade and cookie thing for me.  I'm sure it will be great to see some familiar faces....still not really sure how to answer the, "So what's next?" question but I suppose I'll figure it out soon enough.  Right now, just enjoying being with my family...seeing everyone as much as possible and taking a week or two off!! Moving/traveling really takes it out of me!    

1 comment: