Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Memory Lane

Well, I did it.  Tonight...I took a trip down memory lane.  I was just telling my mom how sometimes it feels like the past two years never happened.  Things at home didn't change that much and I feel like I've been thrown back into a world that is stuck in time.  But the funny thing is...I've done more in the past two years than most people even dream of doing in their lifetime.  People tell me all the time that they think it is so wonderful and courageous what I did...and how truly amazing and lucky I must be.  I really didn't believe them..until now.  It doesn't matter what God brings my way at this point, because I have lived a dream that was a long time in the making.  Not only did that dream come true, but I am a better person for having lived and experienced it with adventure and passion.  

I clicked through hundreds of facebook photos this evening...starting from my first weeks in Paris on up to my very last day.  I've done some pretty incredible things in the past two years.  Things that were scary, things that were breathtaking, things that were just downright stupid...and I don't regret any of them!  I know Paris like the back of my hand and I wouldn't have it any other way!  All of my exploring, entire weekends of hitting the pavement, all the travel and expense, all of the photos clogging my computer memory, and all of the stamps in my passport were so incredibly worth it.  

But you know what makes all of the exploring, traveling, and silliness worthwhile?  The beautiful, smart, talented, compassionate friends I made along the way.  Every single one of you (you know who you are) made my time in France complete and I wouldn't have had as much fun without knowing you.  From Australia to South Africa and England back to Paris, I thank you!! I am prettttty good at picking friends no matter where I go (I've got some truly amazing (the best) one-of-a-kind friends....more than any one girl could hope for)...but in France-I made some rockin' choices, and they chose me-isn't that the best kind?  Everyone I have come in contact with has molded my experience in Paris in some way...and I will forever cherish that.  We had some really good times...haven't we?  A few I will never forget:


Teaching the crowd at Pomme d'Eve how to line dance. 
Ashleigh's Eiffel Tower pastry and champagne birthday.  
Hannah's visit to Paris and London.
Taylor and I exploring not only Paris, but Budapest together.  
Ice Skating on the Eiffel Tower.
Laura and I visiting Kerry for a little ski trip in the Alps. 
The Cinque Terre.  Enough said.  
"Being" l'Arc de Triomphe on my 25th birthday.
Cozying up with Rozy in the "C" at Parc Floral. 
Paris in the snow.
Being a kid again at Disneyland Paris...twice. 
Jour du Macaron!!
Jimmy Buffett with 300 of my closest parrotheads.  
The way everything tastes different in Provence.  
Swimming in the freezing cold Ligurian Sea with Ashleigh.
Late night crêpes with nutella and butter of peanuts.  
Walking by the Moulin Rouge on a twice daily basis.

And those don't even begin to touch the surface with the family or Marie-Césare...I shall save that walk down memory lane for a later date.  

So to all my dear friends, in your different cities and countries, with different lives going in a million different directions...merci.  I hope you know that no matter where you are or what you are doing, I will always be there for each and every one of you.  You have helped shape me into the person I am today.  You are part of my French family just as much as the Lachaize family is.  I will forever love each of you and keep near and dear to my heart the precious moments we spent together in Paris.  For it wasn't only a short-lived experience...but a memory that, to me, will last a lifetime.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment