Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bonne Année!

Well, hey total slacker!!! I completely skimped on my last few days of the December challenge, but they weren't very interesting to say the least so I feel like you're not missing out.  How's that for a too bad, so sad attitude?  

Spending a lot of time reflecting on the past couple of weeks, and the past year and I can't believe how much my life has changed in 2012.  I believe I had the same sort of post in 2010...the year I moved to France.  Last year, things were all peachy and hunky dory, because I was in France and was planning to stay in France for the most part of the next year.  But 2013 is bringing an entirely new chapter and adventure....and I'm so ready.  

Celebrating last year in Paris
Loved having the Fowler's last year to celebrate with us!
I don't do "resolutions" per se (last year, my only resolution was to keep polish on my nails and take better care of them-check!), but I would rather look back on what I have learned about myself or my surroundings in the past 365 days.  In 2012 I learned that I should never move to Italy.  Not because of its astounding beauty, sexy language, or its handsome men...but because if I lived there I would eat my way through life and gain thousands of pounds eating world class pasta, focaccia, gelato, pizza..and the list goes on.  


I also learned that I apparently make a really great candidate as a flight attendant.  I suppose it's my hospitality degree and two years of living in France that helps that situation, but I have about three different airlines who are interested in my skills and want to try their hand at having me join their company.  Something I never thought I would consider, but, here I am so..why not?! 

I learned that skiing is really, really difficult.  But it was so much fun!!! I owe Laura who pushed me into going with her for the weekend! Now...it something that I can't wait to go back and get better at each time! 


I have realized how precious my family is to me and that I'm not sure that I want to move a million miles away from them, because I truly do miss them when I'm gone.  The past few months I've spent at home have been a bit boring, yes, but they have also given me a chance to spend time with all of my grandparents, my sister, and my parents...with whom I cherish every second together.  
I learned that it is probably not a good idea that Laine and I ever live together.  We are so similar, and yet so different that sometimes we clash.  I love her more than anything...she is my sister...but we have totally different habits and ways of doing things.  Trust me-it just wouldn't work.  She knows it...and I know it. 


I reconfirmed the fact that I can accomplish any task set before me.  French visa's, new languages, traveling Europe, finding jobs, moving myself back into American society, making friends in new places, and just the daily challenges in a foreign country are all something I'm so very proud of.

I knew, but came to deeply appreciate the world's best dessert...le macaron.  It is perhaps the most perfect cookie/filling combination that, when properly cooked, melts in your mouth and makes your heart smile on the inside.  Not to mention they are stunningly beautiful and so vibrant in color.  


I learned that I can teach a bar full of French people how to line dance.  What an EPIC night.  

You can barely see me but that's me in the back in the tan cardigan with my arm in the air.
As I look back on pictures and reflect on stories of the past year....I can't help but realize how blessed I am to have had the opportunities that are put before me.  I can't believe the places I've been and the people I've been so fortunate to get to know.  I have precious, precious friends all over the world and family that I love more than anything!  I consider that to be if not the most important thing in life...then definitely one of the top three.  I am so blessed by unconditional love and abundance each and every day.  


A few highlights of 2012...


Visiting Kerry for a ski weekend in the French Alps!
Snow! In Paris...2012

Gondola rides through the canals in Venice, Italy
Roma!
Hannah coming to visit!! SUPER highlight.
Our epic trip to London
Jour du Macaron, 2012
Day trip to Mont-St-Michel

Thoughtful birthdays thrown by sweet friends!! One of my best birthdays yet!
Amsterdam with Isabel...another great birthday trip!  Hands down one of the most fun cities-ever. 
Giverny for the......4th(?) time.  I'm pretty much a pro at all things Monet, nbd.  
Wrapping up one hell of a year with my best friend Taylor as his time in Paris came to a close.

The greatest group of friends that any one girl could ask for!
These kind of sunsets..
Spending as much time as possible with these two! 
My last few days in Romans, France with my precious family.
Me and my French counterpart in Aix-en Provence, France.
Home.  Beautiful, beautiful Paris.  
Being welcomed back into the States by this overly fabulous group of friends.  
And spending qt with some of the best!! My cup runneth over with wonderful friends...I am SO lucky! 
And who could forget my first Christmas back home with the fam?!
The gals...too bad you can't see our Christmas pajamas :)
ALL of the Flynn's (except for Ryan) all in one place for Christmas!
Was able to ring in the New Year with one of my nearest and dearest and my unofficial little bro.  

Bonne Année!! Happy 2013!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment