Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

For Those Of You Who Have Been Wondering...

For those of you that know me, know that I have been personally struggling with career choices here lately.  I was offered a position with an airline (name cannot be disclosed due to compliance an security reasons) as a Flight Attendant the beginning of December (yay!), and received my letter and training handbook to begin a three week training period the 10th of January 2013.  About a week after I got home from the medical exam, I received an e-mail from Another airline stating that they were interested in me as a French speaking flight attendant to fly internationally.  Then, a couple of weeks ago I received a phone call from Delta Airlines wanting the same thing.  I had a personal phone interview with Delta, a computerized phone interview, as well as a computerized language test.  With The other airline, I got as far as a personal phone interview, a computerized phone interview, and an online personality survey.  No language test.  

With The airline I chose, you have two chances to accept the date for training.  I couldn't decide whether or not to just go for it and forget the international flying, or to wait and see where it went with Delta or the other.  I struggled for days and asked opinions of all of my family members and friends, and it ended up that three days before I was to leave for training in Dallas....I decided to postpone until the next training class.  

It's only about 25 days of delay, and in theory I probably should have just gone in January, but I just didn't want to make a hasty decision because I knew as soon as I did I would get a call from Delta.  I am still hoping and waiting things out (and they are both aware that I have been offered another job with another airline), but if I don't.....  I will be perfectly content in flying with the current airline.  It is not flying internationally, and I wouldn't get to use my French skills, but I would be flying all over the United States and still be able to use my flight privileges to fly internationally when I have the time.  

That is, of course, if I pass training....

1 comment: