Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Catching Up....

I hate being behind on blogging because I feel like my readers don't get as many details...and details make everything a bit better!  

Sunday morning I met Ashleigh for church, and afterwards met Kerry at Parc de la Villette for our afternoon showing at The Géode.  I walked up to the window and asked the guy (about our age) for two tickets to "Oceanosaures."  He just kind of laughed as we exchanged money and tickets.  I guess it is funny for two 23 year old girls to go see a show amongst 158 other children...but hey-it was on our list of things to do!! We chose Oceanosaures instead of the space show because Oceanosaures was in 3D.  We had a bit of time before the movie, so we walked around the "park" a little bit and took pictures of the Géode.  The area was dodgy and the park was a concrete park.  There were tons of families playing and enjoying their time....I can't imagine taking my kids there all the time, where's the grass people?!  


Look closely and you can see us in one of the panels! 


The Géode is the only operational building of its kind of Paris.  There is a similar building near La Défense but it closed in 2001.  Since the French queue for everything, we went inside a little early to find the line already forming.  Excited about seeing Oceanosaures with our 3D glasses we headed up as soon as our tickets were validated.  Kerry had never seen a show in 3D before, so it was quite the experience for her.  Too bad our favorite part of the movie were the advertisements at the beginning for Haribo gummies and featured flying pink marshmallows.  The movie was informative, and quite interesting, but it lacked any sort of climax which was disheartening.  

Ashleigh had to pick up a couple of friends from the airport, so we headed to her area to do a little sightseeing before bombarding in at her house to meet the friends.  Parc des Buttes Chaumont in the 19th had wonderful views of the Sacre-Coeur and was lovely on a late Sunday afternoon.  The park had lots of hills and grass...and was quite big for what you normally find in the city.  




Afterwards we found a chinese place to have some din.  We both have been craving Chinese since we didn't get any the day of the parade!  The lady didn't speak a bit of English, but with our awesome French skills we survived :)  It was GOOD.  They also have carryout so I will definitely be back there when I'm in the mood.  I had citrus chicken with rice and spring rolls.  Yum!  


Ashleigh lives just up the street so we popped over to meet her friends.  Her friend Addie is from Australia, but they met while at camp in North Carolina.  Addie's brother, Paul, is also with her....they are on break from University and have just been traveling all over Europe in the meantime.  

I'm having issues with my pictures, so until I hear from the blog pros, Kaelah and Mike, I can't load any new ones.  Is that a sign I've taken too many photos? haha.... I have some other photos from Buttes Chaumont and of course of my delish Chinese food, but will post them tomorrow.  As well as lots of photos from Valentines Day and my class at Le Cordon Bleu yesterday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment