Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh Wednesdays....

It's been awhile since I've had a full Wednesday with Marie-Césare.  Between Gaspard being there and Padi and Didou coming, I'll have to say yesterday was very nice!  We lazed around yesterday morning and went to art class.  While she was in class I ran some errands for Chloé and did laundry.  After class, since it was such a beautiful day in Paris, we went to Park Monceau! 

We looked for the pony rides....but they still aren't open so we went across to the playground.  What do ya know-the sand.  It's beginning to become quite hilarious.  I mean, clearly from this picture she is the lone cowboy playing in the sand.  How much fun can that be?  




The school children here each wear a sash on the playground and according to their color, that's what school they're in.  At the smaller parks obviously this isn't necessary, but Monceau is fairly large.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture but these kids have on a bright yellow sash.  Pretty genius I think!  That way, when it's time to leave they can tell the school children apart from the children who are just there with their au pair's and grandparents.  


Sneakily building some sort of sand castle with her new friend.  



At home, we had a late lunch and I turned on a movie in hopes she would take a nap.  Success!  She slept for 2 hours!  
Late afternoon we made a tart...well, the easiest thing I could make with the ingredients they had in the house.  The cream is just mascarpone, vanilla, and honey with random fruit that was in the fridge.  It was pretty delish!  



Of course with a 3 year old its eat one, put one on the tart, eat one, put one on the tart, eat two, eat three, put one on the tart.  I made some tea, Marie-Césare had a little bit of coke (a special treat) and we had a great afternoon snack.  As I was walking home last night I forgot how tired Wednesdays actually make me.  I think its because besides school, the rest of the days I really don't keep up with a 3 year old all day and its made me lazy!  

Got to Skype with my Granny last night and it was so good to hear from her!! Talked to my Aunt Janie, Mimi, and Grandaddy this weekend...so I've heard from the whole crew for the most part!  The girls and I have rescheduled our ice skating trip to the Eiffel Tower for this Saturday..I only hope the weather holds out.  We're all keeping our fingers crossed!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment