Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, January 31, 2011

FREEZING.

It is officially FREEZING in Paris.  As I stepped out of my building this morning at 7:15 for school I was hit with a biting wind and freezing temperatures.  It was about 20 degrees, plus the wind and it was almost unbearable.  I wore my hat, wrapped my face with my scarf and wish I would have put on 3 pair of socks, another pair of gloves and another layer of clothes.  Even as the morning wore on and I left school it was the same.  The convenience of getting into your car to drive to work and turning on the heater is now very clear.  

Marie-Césare and I had a run-in with another little girl in the park today.  She is slightly older than Marie-Césare and thinks she is the queen of all the playground.  Well, I have news for her-Marie-Césare thinks the same.  So naturally they butted heads about everything.  As they were talking and carrying on I noticed things getting a little out of control.  As I approached the group, the girl hit Marie-Césare on the shoulder.  What a punk.  

There is no way that was going to be okay and I tried to sort out the situation...it's hard because I'm not her au pair or nanny so I can't punish her, but just tell her to be nice and that it's not necessary.  We left soon thereafter and Marie-Césare said she wasn't going to talk to that girl again.  I obviously told her that  it was for the best.  ha!

Am trying to stay as warm as possible this week.  Drinking lots of boissons chaude, wearing lots of clothes, and keeping my heater on high!  

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you were able to tell that bully, in French, that she was an a-hole! What is a French word for a 3-year-old a-hole? Anyway, I presume that you are getting proficient enough in your new language to leave that little huzzy in the sandpile. Was Marie-Cesare proud of you? That's a scene I would have loved to have seen.

    Here's hoping that you get some warmer days soon, or some bigger shoes so you can wear those 3 pairs of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I am also an au pair in paris! If you were free I would love to meet a fellow american au pair! my cell number here is 06.86.86.25.17 and my email is amandarosedunn@gmail.com!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - I just arrived at my job here this week - the drama getting here unfolds in my blog aupairmandydunn.blogspot.com. I'm in Neuilly-sur-Seine now through July (from Dallas - taking a break from college). Hope we're close enough to meet. - Mandy

    ReplyDelete