Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Busy!!

I know, I know.  Sorry I have been so disconnected.  Although its a good thing I'm staying busy, right?!

I got up when the electrician arrived at Sabrine and Laurent's, and just messed around at their house in the morning.  Read some magazines, did my French homework, laundry, etc.  Sabrine offered to cook us lunch, so I kindly accepted.  She didn't go to too much trouble, but it was good and the company was nice. She use to work in a job where she spoke English every day, but now its been 3 years and she said it was nice to practice again with me.  I headed off to pick Marie-Cesare up from school not knowing if I would be sleeping there or back in my apartment.  

Unfortunately, Chloe was late coming home so I didn't get back until 9:30.  My electricity was fixed (yay!) so by the time I moved all of my things back upstairs I was just too tired to post!  

Had to be at work at 8 yesterday, and Marie-Cesare was not a happy camper.  It's not like I walk in with a whip and a mask, its just the fact that she knows her mother is about to leave her.  I am supposing children grow out of that?  Also probably that she only spends an hour in the morning and an hour at night with her mom so the exit is always dramatic.  We watched her new favorite show, Grand Galop, before art class.  When I picked her up from art class at 12, we went straight to Parc Monceau.  Chloe said she thought they had the ponies out and were ready for pony rides, but we walked all around and didn't see a single pony.  We got a barbe a papa (cotton candy), and she pretty much finished the entire cloud of sugary stickiness.  


It was all over her face, hands, arms, and coat.  And honestly, she couldn't shove it into her mouth fast enough.  


We headed to the playground and she immediately goes for the sandbox.  Every. time.  I told her no, don't play in the sand...it's cold and dirty.  She doesn't listen.  2 minutes later, she is crying because she is cold and dirty.  I just let her figure things out on her own.  One day she will listen!! 

I calmed her down, let her wear my gloves for her cold hands and gave her a piggy-back ride to the metro.  Once we got home I popped in a movie and she was out like a light.  With no hesitation.  The rest of the night went well...besides her asking where her mother was and when was she going to be home 5,000 times.

I left their house and went straight to meet my friend from Charlotte, NC, Laura.  She has been here awhile and asked me to go get drinks with a group of her friends.  Of course I said yes because that's a first for me here in Paris!  It started raining as I was leaving Chloe's and most of you know, in Oxford if it was raining...I was 10 times less likely to go out if it was raining.  I had already accepted and wanted to meet new people so I just sucked it up and went on!  We met at a bar just outside metro Etienne Marcel.  It took probably 30 minutes to get a drink.  The service was HORRIBLE.  Maybe its because they are not working for tips, so there really is no hurry in getting drinks and turning over tables.  After one too expensive cocktail, we all agreed to go somewhere else.

A couple of the girls we were with were Australian, so we walked down the street in the pouring rain to an Australian bar.  It was loud, crowded, and very fun.  We grabbed a table and some drinks and were able to enjoy each others company.  Most of us either had school or work early, so we dispersed around 12:45.  The metro is a very different place at night!  There were police everywhere, and RATP personnel on every train.  I guess that was good, because I felt safer since I was by myself.  Made it home around 1:30 and crashed into bed.

Getting up for school at 7 am was difficult!! Now I remember why in college I missed so many 8 am classes!  Marjorie has la grippe (flu) so we had a substitute this morning.  He actually was a great teacher and very good at explaining things!  I also  received a package from my dear sweet friend, Hannah!!  Love surprises!

Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!! I am babysitting for Laurent and Sabrine Saturday night for some extra cash.  Lila is such a sweet girl so I'm excited about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment