Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh the sand...

Busy week....but nothing exciting really.  Have kept busy with Chloe out of town trying to help Franck with things as much as possible!  I know how things can be when mom is away and since that's a big reason why I'm there, I try to be there when I can!  Monday and Tuesdays evenings I took Marie-Cesare to Parc Monceau.  Taking the metro is getting easier with her and I know how to tell her to zip her mouth up and stop trying to kick the other kid across the aisle.  We rode the manege, took a turn on the balancoire, and then she kept dragging me in a certain direction.  Where do we end up?  The sand!!! EVERY TIME.  I hate the sand.  I hate the sand at the beach, I hate it in my bags and clothes, I hate it in Marie-Cesare's shoes. ha! She rolls in it and gets it all in her coat and between her fingers.  Yuck.  Lucky for me, everrrryyy park in Paris has giant sandboxes.  




Monday night Franck had to work late, so I babysat.  Marie-Cesare and I had a good time, and she was an absolute delight to be around!  

Tuesday afternoon Padi called and told me that they were going to pick Marie-Cesare up Wednesday after art school and take her for a few days.  Woooo hoooo!! A few days off.  Not that I really needed it, but hey-I guess I'll take it?  Got her ready for art class this morning and packed her bag for the weekend. Stopped at a small place in Montmartre on the way home and grabbed this delicious piece of pizza for lunch.  Fresh mushrooms, prosciutto, and some delicious French cheese.  Too bad I don't remember the name of it!  I'll be sure and catch it next time...


Going to school in the morning, then possibly to meet Laura.  I haven't heard back from her since yesterday...so its still up in the air.  

For those wondering, we didn't get to go ice skating at the Eiffel Tower last weekend.  We found out that the top level is closed until February 4th for maintenance, and we didn't want to pay to go up and not get to go to the top!! The rink closes on the 9th, so sometime between the 5th and the 9th of February-I will be going!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment