Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Arguments...

It is pouring down rain today so Laura and I decided to postpone our cemetery trip until Thursday.  Had a good class today and had a few new additions to our roster.  Was able to get our group picture from Iris from Saturday!  



So pretty! 


Saw these very interesting pastries as I was strolling to school this morning.  I only wish I could dream up and put together something so beautiful!  It comes with quite the price though...



When I picked up Marie-Césare from school today she had on some new kicks.  Neon pink converse...I should have only guessed she would pick out the neon pink ones.  They are hilarious and don't match anything she has in her closet...but then again, that's the motto of a French girl so I guess she's starting early!  


On top of her being at her grandparents for a few days and it being Gaspard's first day back from his moms it was a mountain of a disastrous day.  They fought all evening without giving up.  Sometimes Gaspard questions why I do things the way I do.  Like letting Marie-Césare watch a movie on the small, portable, dvd player instead of the big tv.  So, he comes in the room and switches her dvd to the big tv, and 10 minutes later she is standing RIGHT in front of the tv while Gaspard is trying to watch too.  She doesn't want to move and doesn't care that it is bad for her eyes of course.  So it snowballs into this huge argument......sure, she should share, but I know better than on the first day back she isn't going to!  And she is hard-headed and won't give up.  Like several people in my family...hmm....

My really random photo today:  This cat belongs to someone on the first floor of my building and is beginning to get rather annoying.  Every time you try and go out the door you have to kick it out of the way.  I would hate to be responsible for losing someone's cat but then again, if I did, never again would it be there for me to accidentally step on!  


Am dealing with the French administration today.  I have an appointment with the OFII in a couple of hours and after what everyone has told me..I can't wait!-not!  Every single one of my friends says its horrible so I am literally bursting with excitement.  Possibly staying the night at Chloé and Franck's.  Marie-Césare has been begging me to spend the night for weeks now and Tuesdays are the best day because I have to be there early on Wednesday anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment