Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Didou showing me up...

After an eventful weekend, I have laid fairly low this week.  Tuesday Marie-Cesare and I went on a walk around the streets for a little while.  She didn't want to go to the library or the park, and it was getting too late to do much else.  

That night Franck had ordered sushi to be delivered to the house at 8, which was great except for he didn't get home until 8:15.  It was 50 euros worth of sushi and I only had 20 euros on me.  So...I had to explain to the guy the situation (he only spoke French) and then phone Franck and tell him to get his you know what home....depeche-toi!  I kept telling the guy over and over again that I was sorry but he didn't seem to mind thank goodness.  When Franck got home he was so apologetic and yet so funny about everything.  Franck really is like the "funny man."  Always lighthearted and cracking me up.  Except when it comes to disciplining Marie-Cesare, which I can respect.    

This week's collection of flowers from Marc, the florist.  

 

Was at their house by 7:30 Wednesday morning.  Since Chloe was in Dubai and Franck leaves a little earlier than she does...it was the only option.  Again, didn't mind.  Marie-Cesare did NOT, I repeat, did NOT cry when her dad left so now I knowwwww this is a mom thing.  Instead of watching a movie like we usually do before art school, we played, painted, and played hide and seek.  That's her new favorite game.  'Maggie-se cache!' is what she always says even if its just under the counter.  To my surprise that morning I got word that Padi and Didou were going to pick her up from art school so I had the afternoon off!  I had to return a couple of books I bought at BHV and after I did that, I went to the Louvre for the afternoon.  I still think it is so cool that I can just drop by the Louvre in the afternoon.  Browsed through some random art, and tried to be at least a little cultural.  




The crowd around the Mona Lisa.  Not so bad on a Wednesday.  



I had just gotten off the metro to go back to their house when I received a text from Chloe saying that there wasn't any need for me to come back to their house tonight.  I had to take some things Franck asked me to pick up to their house so unfortunately I couldn't just head home.  Didou had made a galette with Marie-Cesare and boy did she show me up.  It looked exactly like the ones that are in all the boulangerie windows.  I'm sure she has been making them for years....but it made mine look like a rubbery McDonald's pancake.


Not to mention I could have eaten the whole thing by myself.  It was buttery, flaky, and had a creamy almond paste filling.  Like a croissant, it was one of those things after you ate it you had to get up and dust the flakes off of you.  But definitely worth it.  Marie-Cesare of course had the piece with the ceramic trinket, and she got to wear the crown for the night!  We had waited on Chloe to get home to share it and soon after I jetted out of there, so glad to have the night off!  

This morning one of the girls in my class and I discovered that we live pretty close and starting chatting on our walk to the metro.  She is from Norway, and has been here since last summer.  We had a lot of information thrown at us in class today so we were still trying to process everything!  Feeling very French this morning and practically skipping on my way home from class I stopped to buy a wedge of brie and a baguette.  This afternoon I watched the new episodes of Modern Family and Parenthood (not so French) and am getting ready to pick up Marie-Cesare!  

Again, if anyone knows how I can put accents and things in my blog for the French language...pleassseee tell me!! It's driving me crazy!  

4 comments:

  1. Accent's aren't so bad. Do you have a Mac or PC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Mac! I can do it fine in emails and on Word documents but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it on my blog. It drives me crazy spelling everything wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you normally do it? I set my keyboard to the US international keyboard. Then when you hit apostrophe then a vowel you get accent aigu, same thing for the grave accent, circonflex is shift+6, tréma is quotation marks. then if you don't want the accent, you just hit spacebar. Otherwise, on the normal Mac keyboard it's option+e for aigu, option+tilde for grave, option+u for tréma, option+i for circonflex, option+c for cédille. Don't know if this'll help or just tell you stuff you already know... Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, love the second option. The first sounded like a good idea, but gave way to a lot of trial and error because I wasn't use to it. It's nothing I already knew....still new at my Mac!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete