Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sales!

Yes, I needed a change so I change my background on the blog.  I won't do much more than that because I have no idea how, and barely figured out how to change that.  I slept in today (am beginning to love Fridays because of that...) and did some homework.  Picked Marie-Cesare up from school planning to go to the park, but she met a friend from school instead.  There is this fairly large concrete area just down the street from her school.... outside there a few cafe's, with a newspaper stand and benches.  Her friend Leonardo and his au pair are always there so the past few days we have stopped to play.  It usually goes well for about 20 minutes or so, then they start beating up on each other and calling each other names.  So....both of us "au pairs" play along and have figured out when things are beginning to get too rowdy and we need to head home.  I am pretty sure she only speaks French, because when I ask Marie-Cesare to say please and thank you in English, she looks at me funny.  And I talk to Marie-Cesare sometimes in English too and she hasn't attempted a conversation.  Maybe I'll try and talk to her in French on Monday and see how that goes!? ha!  


The next few weeks here in France are the sales at all the stores.  They only have designated periods when this can happen and everything is on sale anywhere from 15%-80%.  I am going with a few friends tomorrow to do a little shopping, but nothing serious as my budget doesn't really allow to squeeze in extra purchases for the month!!



Chloe is out of town again for the next week... so next week will be a long one.  Franck is usually 8:30 getting home at night, and promised him I would babysit Monday and Thursday nights as well.  He invited me to go to lunch and to see a movie with them on Sunday afternoon, and quite frankly I'm excited to go!  Now that Marie-Cesare is use to having me around, its much easier to want to do things with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment