Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Funday Monday!!

Another excellent day today!! I was pumped after such a fabulous weekend and glad Monday didn't let me down!! School was fun today.  Even though 8 am comes early for most of us, we cut up a lot in class and are beginning to get familiar with each other.  Listening to some of the other girls in the class talk about their au pair experiences... families, activities, children, daily tasks, hours they have to work, etc. I 100% realized that I hit the au pair jackpot.  Most au pairs get the children ready for school in the mornings, some do quite a bit of housework, some even pick the kids up from school at noon and take them home to fix lunch, and others are working all day with infants.  And they have 2 or 3 kids.  I will take the 3 1/2 hours I spend with Marie-Cesare a day over any of that!  

As my French film class began at 10:30, a girl walked in a little late whom I recognized from last Wednesday night!  I said hello and we were both surprised to see each other.  It was Kaitlyn, from Australia (yes, another) and I was glad to see a friendly face.  We were able to grab lunch after class...just a sandwich... at a place near our school.  She was meeting some other Australian girls to play netball at 1:30 and I was meeting Ashleigh and her friend for ice-skating!  I was super excited that the weather was good and we were able to go!  

We met outside metro Hotel de Ville at 1:30 and headed across the street to the outdoor rink.  I have been wanting to go for several weeks now and was ecstatic when Ashleigh asked me to go.  I am certainly not good, and the last time I went was in Nashville with Hannah and her friends last winter I believe?!  We got our skates (5 euros) and headed onto the ice.  Luckily, there weren't that many people on the ice today.  I didn't have time to run home after class so I had my purse full of books which definitely threw my balance off at first.  I hung on to the edge for the first lap, and after that regained confidence enough to make it around on my own.  Ashleigh had been a couple of weeks ago so to us, she was a pro.  We slowly but surely made it around, and by the end I was making long strides like a normal person!  :)

Anneliese et moi


Ashleigh et moi



The three of us together!


It was SO MUCH FUN!! I like ice skating in general, but in the midst of Paris...its like a million times better.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get to go next weekend on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower...how awesome is that?! 

Marie-Cesare was super good today which was only icing on the cake.  We went on a walk, looking for the "manege" but they put it up for winter so we headed home.  She wasn't too disappointed, I bought a baguette and she munched on it until we arrived home.  


We painted and colored until it was time for her shower, which I didn't have to pull toooooo many teeth to get her to do.  She ate all of her dinner and when Franck came home we were watching Little House on the Prairie and eating apples.  I taught her to say "I want" and "I love you."  Two very important phrases I think!  She still hasn't quite mastered I love you yet....but we're getting there.  Chloe is in Dubai for work until Wednesday, so I will work a little late tonight and tomorrow night....and a little earlier Wednesday morning.   Franck doesn't get home until 8:15 or so....but again, if that's the least I can do, I really don't mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment