Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Caramel Pear Tart...mmm...

Class was exhausting today.  We are beginning to learn the complicated stuff...and I'll have to say, two and half hours of it wears me out!  Right after class I went to a sort of generic department store to find some glitter!  Marie-Cesare and I always pass by this window front that has glitter decorated pages and we stop to ooooh and ahhhh.  So, I thought I would bring some to her next week sometime!  

Met Laura at noon to hit up some other stores for the sales.  Didn't buy a thing.  Most of the items are, unfortunately, out of my budget.  Don't get me wrong I'd love to pick up the beautiful Marc Jacobs bag on sale, but I would also love to take the metro, use my phone, eat, and do things with my friends at some point this month....so it really wasn't going to work out.  We had lunch at the cafe in Galaries Lafayette.  Roasted chicken for me and salmon for Laura.  We shared this awesomely fabulous tart for dessert.  It was some sort of caramel pear tart.  The crust was perfectly buttery and light and the caramel wasn't sticky, but melted in your mouth.  There was only one problem with the roasted pear on top-there wasn't another one!  


And yes, that is a big pile of ketchup on Laura's plate behind it. ha!

After lunch we walked around aimlessly to stumble upon the Notre-Dame-de-Lorette.  Another church, situated with a beautiful view of the Sacre-Coeur behind it.  It is surprisingly close to the Lachaize household, so perhaps I'll go exploring more in depth one day when I have some extra free time.  



It was beautiful...and so cold!  We couldn't stay long because it was freezing in there.  We crossed the street to Picard, the most amazing frozen food concept ever.  Everything in the store is frozen products, but the quality of everything is impeccable.  Fish, foie gras, tarts, escargot, desserts, vegetables of any sort, soups, meat, you name it....they've got it.  The soup in this picture started out as a small "disk" of frozen food, and once reheated is really good!!! Chloe buys them some for Marie-Cesare and Gaspard and its delicious!  People always talk about the quality of frozen foods in France and they've definitely lived up to the hype.  

8c20eaef-a7fe-46be-9778-025e90ca56bf.jpg


Laura bought some mini "nutty buddy's" for us to share.  


They were so cute and tiny.  Laura had to go pick up her "charge" from school so I came home.  Stopped by Monoprix on my way home for milk, eggs, clementines, and paper towels...the basics.  Don't know what the plan is for tomorrow but I know sleeping in is number one on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment