Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Opened my eyes at 6:38 this morning.  20 minutes before my alarm was set to go off.  Well it's a GOOD thing because my alarm didn't go off!!!! The alarm glitch in the Iphone 4 is not okay.  I didn't set the alarm on my French phone because I can set 3 or 4 different ones on the Iphone.  Grrrr....

Arrived at school and found my class.  My teacher had written her name on the board, but was not there yet.  Her name was Marjorie.  I expected an older, single woman with a name like Marjorie (I know, that was complete judgement) but no!  She was a young, bubbly girl around 25.  People started trickling into class until about 10 after 8.  We introduced ourselves, where we were from, and our likes and dislikes.  4 girls are from Mexico, 2 from Germany, 1 from Colombia, 1 from Venezuela, 1 girl from England and one lonely boy from England.  I'm the only person from the US which was kind of unexpected!

Class was very interesting.  I think if I was in the next class up, it would be too difficult...so I am going to stick where I am.  I am enjoying learning things the "French" way instead of the "American-French" way.  So this time I can learn it right....right?!

After class headed out to find an alarm clock.  Since I obviously can't count on my Iphone anymore...I'll have to do things the old fashioned way.  I thought the glitch was going to be fixed today, but apparently not!! Bought my homework book for school and an alarm clock at an electronics store.  When I returned to Sabrine's, we had a long talk about all kinds of things.  She is so sweet, and feels so bad about my room.  Of course I don't mind, and won't absolutely hate it if I have to stay here a couple of extra nights.

My day today with Marie-Cesare was rough.  The thing with her is that...when it's good, it's good but when it's bad, it's really bad.  Since I am a complete sucker when she says, "s'il te plait et merci Maggie" we bought des bonbons after school.  Everything was fine until we got to the taking a bath part.  For 3 weeks now she has taken a shower in the mornings, or with her grandmother or mother.  Now to switch all that into taking baths at night with me was a nightmare.  Dinner was the same.  She wanted to wait on her mother to get home and she didn't want anything they had.  I pointed to everything in the refrigerator and then I realized that she was just being a little you know what.  I fixed her whatever I wanted to and she didn't have a choice.  Not to mention her favorite pajama's were still in the dirty laundry...round 3 of the drama.  

When Chloe got home, I don't think the words "Elle est mechante!!" could have come out of her mouth any faster.  Of course Chloe just laughed and asked how everything was.  She asked if I am speaking English with Marie-Cesare and of course I said yes.  I repeat almost everything I say in English so she will at least hear it.  We focus on key words in her vocabulary like horse, apple, water, bath, etc.  But I think Chloe wants it to happen very quickly.  I mean, she's 3.  It will come...but is going to take time!  

We did make this awesome Hello Kitty lego tower today.  


And she was fascinated by the camera flip on my phone.  


I asked Chloe about swimming pools here in Paris because I realllllly want to start swimming laps again. She is going to look into one near my house, and let me know.  It may be too expensive to join, but I at least want to get some info.  I miss it so much!  On the way home tonight I saw someone getting off the metro with a bicycle.  If you have a bicycle...why ride the metro?  Especially at a busy time like 8:00 at night.  Very bizarre, but I guess she had her reasons?  



Hilarious.  It's been a long day and I am very tired!  Unfortunately I have to get up early because the electrician is coming and will have to have access to my room here...but having lunch with Sabrine and doing some laundry will be worth it!  

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweet Maggie.
    I just found your blog the other day, it's so good, I love reading it!
    About the iPhone-alarm-thing. If you just choose to repeat the alarm every day, it works just fine! It's of strange, but it works!

    Xx
    Amalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mags, you were too busy to write today, and I'm missing my Maggie-in-Paris fix. Just letting you know.

    Hope the alarm thing works out better. And hope that you make straight A's in your French class. Also, I hope the Marie-Cesare thing gets a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amalie...thanks for the tip on my alarm! It works that way now....rather frustrating, but still!! Miss you here in Paris!

    ReplyDelete