Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, February 4, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go...

Check out these awesome new lace charms for Marie-Césare's shoes!  Mom and I got them before I left home so I saved them for a rainy day.  


I picked her up from school today and went back to their house to pick up her suitcase.  She had a small pink suitcase as well as an old Mickey Mouse box filled with fun things for grandma and grandpa's house.  We grabbed a taxi and were off.  Padi and Didou live in Viroflay, which is just next to Versailles.  With traffic, stop lights, and the distance it took about 40 minutes to get there.  As we were driving along I could tell a significant difference in Paris and the suburbs.  The further out we got the more it started to look like a town versus a city.  As we drove over the top of the hill to their house, you could see the Eiffel Tower sparkling in the distance.  Pretty cool.  

We arrived and they were waiting on the sidewalk for us.  I quickly passed along Marie-Césare and her things, gave a warm hello and goodbye, and hopped back in the taxi for the long ride back to Paris.  I will have to say I became quite car sick.  Maybe its because I don't ride in a car anymore and am just not use to it?  Can that actually happen?  My driver was actually a pretty decent driver...not too many abrupt stops or jerking to another lane.  Although I do forget how crazy driver's are here until I ride with one.  The police don't regulate the roads like they do in the States...and people pretty much just drive wherever they please.  When we reached my street I could not have gotten out of the car fast enough.  I have never been so glad to see Courcelles!!   

4 days off and what will I do with all that time? Well...I have a pretty busy schedule lined up.  Tomorrow, some book markets with Kerry and Ashleigh then possibly Musée Rodin or the Catacombes.  Afterwards, a bunch of girls are meeting and we're going to try our luck ice skating at the Eiffel Tower again.  HOPEFULLY, it works out!  
Sunday, I'm having brunch with Angelika then all of us are meeting to watch the Chinese New Year parade in the 13th.  Monday after school I'm going to visit Vincennes where Kerry lives and she's going to show me around a bit...possibly a visit to the aquarium there.  

Can't wait to update you all after the weekend with loads of new pictures!! Bonne week-end!  

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're better at ice skating than me! We went to the zoo last weekend where they had set up a rink (a very small one) and I was terrible! There were so many people that were skating around like crazy I just kept thinking I would get pushed down and some kid would skate over my finger or something haha. Thankfully no injuries occurred though! Hope you have fun and don't get hurt :)

    ReplyDelete