Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vincennes with Kerry and Yann

Since Chloé and Franck are in Morocco and Marie-Césare is at her grandparents, I have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday until 4:30 off.  Since I have to be up for school on Monday anyway, I decided to make it a fun day and visit Kerry in Vincennes.  She has Yann all day, but he is a good baby and is always up for a day out. 

I arrived around 1:30, just after Yann's nap.  Vincennes is just outside Paris in what is considered a suburb, but you can still get there conveniently by line 1 on the metro.  Met them just inside the Château de Vincennes and she gave me a brief walking tour around the outside.  We didn't go in, because it was nearly impossible to maneuver with Yann's stroller-but I'll be back for sure.  Most of the structure standing now dates back to the 14th century, including the large stone lined moat around the exterior.  Don't think I've ever seen anything with a legitimate moat (that wasn't a fairy tale book)...pretty nifty.   Yesterday was the most beautiful day I've spent in Paris so far.  It was around 55 degrees and sunny, which made everything seem green and gorgeous!  It gave us both a little taste of spring and now I absolutely can't wait for winter to go away!!  



The famous "Paris" sign at the Parc Floral.  Major touristy photo. 


We got on a bus to the aquarium.  That was going to be our afternoon activity that we thought Yann would enjoy as well.  Turns out it's closed on Monday (surprise, surprise), but much like our weekend we just kept walking and found a new alternative-the Bois de Vincennes.  I couldn't get over how pretty it was...although the sunshine and warmth were all I could talk about!   There was a nice path along the lake, with many strollers, dogs, and elderly French people frolicking about.  



Yep, that's a group of peacocks just hangin' out in the park.  


Meet the little one....isn't he so cute?!



It was so nice to just lay in the grass and enjoy the day!! I will definitely be back to Vincennes to hang out with Kerry and Yann.  Today I have spent the day doing absolutely nothing.  Sounds crazy...but it's actually been very nice.  Making myself dinner tonight and watching a movie.  Hopefully doing laundry tomorrow at Sabrine's....the perfect end to a perfect mini-holiday!  

1 comment:

  1. Maggie, all of your excursions into parts of France that ordinary tourists never get to -- oh, it makes me want to return to Paris so so bad. It's an incredible city, and you are seeing so much of it, little by little. Are you totally used to hearing French all day long now? Are you thinking in French? What language do you use when you are meeting with all your multi-national friends? And, you are forgetting to put up photos of food lately!!! My eyes are hungry for more food pictures.

    Where will you go next? After Paris, I mean? Has this been so wonderful that you could see yourself doing it more than this year?

    When do Pat and your mom get there? All I am is questions today, but your life makes me so curious. Oh, to be young again.

    ReplyDelete