Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

95 degrees and no a/c

Oh my goodness.  It has been so hot I haven't been able to think about anything else.  Yesterday it reached a final high of 95 degrees, and today the high is like 91.  I haven't stopped sweating in 48 hours.  I couldn't sleep last night even with my fan on full blast right at my face...so today should be a very interesting day.  I don't know why we had this heat wave, as tomorrow the high goes back down to 70 or 75 for the next week.  I know that I will appreciate winter much more having experienced this.  Fortunately, my line on the metro has the new trains and is air conditioned.  Although I can't say its absolutely comfortable.  

Charlotte and I met up last night after work for a final Eiffel Tower picnic before she leaves on Friday.  I hate she's leaving, but she's a little bit closer than Ashleigh so a visit is a bit more probable.  Who knows?  Maybe I will find myself flying to Norway?  It was a wonderful evening and although it started off relatively warm, we finished around midnight to a very cool temperature.  It was perfect.  

We shared a bottle of wine, fruit and veg, and a very crazy man who wanted a kiss from Charlotte.  We discussed how the big dipper is called Carl's wagon in Norwegian, and the difference in groseilles.  Hilarious.  I only had my iPhone with me, so didn't get excellent pictures but they weren't too shabby.  I am not sure that I will ever get tired of looking at the Eiffel Tower.  I'll share with you a few of my favorites.  







Yesterday after school amidst all the heat, we had to make cookies for Marie-Césare's birthday party at school today.  They have a party before the end of the year for everyone who has birthdays in the summer so I volunteered to help her make some cookies.  We made a basic sugar cookie with icing and decorated it with pink sugar crystals, sprinkles, and candy she picked out.  



Despite the boiling hot kitchen, they turned out pretty cute I thought!  I can't wait to hear how everything went after school today.  Going to go hop in a cold shower before I have to hit the pavement.  So ready for cooler weather tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment