Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Boulangerie du 17eme

So I'm pretty sure today I had the best baguette I've ever had in my life.  My boulangerie always has a good baguette, but here lately I've been getting une tradition which is a million times better than any normal ol' baguette.  It was hot-out-of-the-oven and perfectly golden.  I couldn't even wait to get it home to bite into it.  It practically melted in my mouth as I took a huge chunk out of the bout.  What remained was warm against my shoulder and my black shirt was dusted with white flour after I got to the top of my stairs.  

It's the little things that I will miss......

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite memories of France is walking home from my favorite boulangerie in the snow with a fresh-out-of-the-oven baguette and snacking on it and having it keep my hands warm on the walk home :-)

    ReplyDelete