Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Disappointment.

So tonight Laura and I went to see Sur La Route at the Mk2 theater in Bercy.  We stopped at a small shop to get a drink and I got a piece of delicious quiche for dinner....spinach, ham, and goat cheese.  It was certainly yummy.  

We rounded the corner to the theater and what do I see sitting at the courtyard entrance to the theater??? Le Camion Qui Fume!!! AH! Its the first time I've actually seen it in action and was instantly so angry that I had just eaten quiche and wasn't hungry enough to get a bite from Paris' first food truck!  For those of you that don't know, Le Camion Qui Fume supposedly has the best burgers in the city.  Started by a Californian chef, her business has taken off with a bang.  Fresh ground beef, real cheddar cheese, buns made by a local boulanger, fresh ingredients, hand cut fries and onion rings.....sounds like an American in Paris' dream, right?  

The fun thing about it is that it tweets and uses social media to announce its location each week/day.  I left the States before the big food truck epidemic swept the nation so I am excited to get back and head to Nashville and give a few a go!  

I am adamant that I will hunt this camion down this week and get a burger, baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment