Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Giverny, Round 3


Yes...another trip to Giverny.  But oh, Giverny......oh I love thee.  I wanted to pop over to Giverny just one more time before I left France and Sunday's sun was just the perfect answer to finish off the weekend.  I am a Giverny pro, and I'll say 3rd times a charm.  The flowers were in full bloom, the lilies were beautiful, bright, and open and the tourists were covering the small village.  

I'll give Laura the credit on this beautiful photo! 





The roses were absolutely stunning.  

Laura and I totally didn't coordinate our blue dresses.  
Aren't they lovely?  Just like the painting..





I'm going to have to create some collage of all my flower photos from Giverny.  I've got some great shots....from 3 different times of the year.  That will have to be a when-I-get-back-to-the-states project.  One of many....



What an awesome place to set up your easel and paint?  "No worries, just spending today painting the flowers in Monet's garden." 


Anybody know what kind of flowers these are?  With the cute little spots on the inside?  
Since I did my French class presentation on Monet's home and gardens in Giverny, I have been ever so interested in Monet's paintings and life.  It has inspired one last trip to the Musée Marmottan Monet here in Paris.  As much as I loved the Dufy exhibition I hope the classic Monet's are back in action!  


2 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis_purpurea

    :-) You should replace the picture on wikipedia with your's. It's much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also known as foxglove. Beautiful shots. Light and shadow and perfect subjects.

    ReplyDelete