Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Forest Creatures

Today wasn't an epic day in the history of babysitting, but one to like just the same.  During her art class I went around and bought things for our picnic at Parc Monceau...cherry tomatoes, a baguette, ham, strawberries, juice boxes, chips, and chocolate.  Your typical French picnic.  After class we headed up to the metro, bags in hand, including my new little houndstooth cooler my mom sent me for my birthday.  Worked out well on this particular occasion!  We laid out the cloth and had our spread....enjoying every bite.  


I brought a couple of cornichons just for her, and she was so excited to see them.  More so than the chips!  I tried to convince her to close her eyes and we enjoying the warmth of the sun and breeze in the trees, but she just wouldn't cooperate to take a little nap.  So, I (so intelligently) have downloaded 2 episodes of Dora the Explorer on my Iphone and she will watch those even if they are all in English and she can only understand bits and pieces.  Win!  She fell right to sleep.  


She slept for about an hour and then we just sort of laid around for a little while.  Not in a hurry to go anywhere or do anything.  It was great!  And the weather was perfect!  


We of course rode the carrousel (which she immediately pointed out was the same as Monsieur Victor's in Provence) and the new tarif is 2 euros!! 2 euros!?  For 2 minutes of going around in a circle?  That's pretty steep I believe.  Then of course we found the ponies.  But of course she got to ride the biggest because she was the most experienced....she was so proud!  



I leave you with this image tonight.  Marie-Césare is scared of shadows in her room and her books with sorcerers in them we have to hide at night...but she can stand THIS thing in the next room over?!  Pleassseeee.....I am never sleeping on their couch again.  I will never be able to sleep with this thing looming over my head.  Not to mention its gargantuan.  




I don't know what the fascination is (or the "theme" much less) is over dead animals but that brings their count up to 4.  There is another forest creature in the dining room, plus the 2 flamingos in the corner.  Don't forget the flamingos.  




No comments:

Post a Comment