Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Catching you up on some photos

A friend of mine at the American food store in Paris, Thanksgiving, suggested that instead of sour cream in recipes I use crème fraiche and plain yogurt and it is the same consistency.  So using that advice I tried to make guacamole tonight.  Success!  I didn't have salsa, but just used tomato and onions.  Turned out pretty darn good.  My refrigerator was left cracked overnight a week or so ago which in turn made my freezer hugely frozen shut.  Today, I bought some strawberries at the market and remembered I had a half of a frozen pound cake somewhere in there!! Hello-instant strawberry shortcake!  So, I got out my wooden spatula and basically starting fighting my freezer.  I eventually chipped away enough to where I could reach my hands in and wedge it out....I only wish someone was here to see my battle.  I was sweating by the end!  

Just wanted to leave you with a few photos today....photos from the summer that were on Chloé and Franck's camera.  

My birthday dinner and my delicious pain perdu!
Clémence, Marie-Césare and I catching some waves
Baby Louise and I playing in the sand before dinner

Some paying attention...some not...
The entire clan on the beach!
Eating fries on the beach in Belgium...how stereotypical are we?
The next one wasn't on Chloé and Franck's camera but have been wanting to share it with you anyway.  Taylor's first night in Paris and what did we do? Of course, baguette, cheese and wine picnic at the Tour Eiffel!! So typical of us but what a great way to spend your first night in Paris!  Love it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment