Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Favors

I went to give my rent money that Chloé had given me to Sabrine the other day and Sabrine is always so shocked to see me.  I only see her about once a month or so and she calls me her little "american parisienne."  She loves how much I've changed since I've been here but then she tells me to go back home to the states before it gets any worse.  haha!  Love her.  She sent me home with a bottle of champagne (from Reims of course) as a thank you for keeping Lila a couple of weeks ago.  I did that because I wanted to, but I will certainly take some champagne in return!

Okay, so I told you I would share with you everything about the city.  The good and the bad, and the beautiful and well....the ugly.  The ugly and out of control just got brought into my apartment because I woke up this morning to a skyscraper of dishes in my sink.  Gross.  I can't remember a time that I have been so lazy about doing the dishes but apparently, this week was it.  

Don't judge me.  You all know you've done it at one point or another.  My apartment is normally spotless.  So sue me for being lazy.  
I had to stay with Marie-Césare today because she was sick.  I don't mind staying with her while she's sick because all we do is lie around and hang out.  Chloé and Franck felt bad because it technically wasn't my day to stay with her all day (which is normally Wednesdays) and kept apologizing.  I understand that Didou and Padi are still in the south and things like this are going to come up, no big deal!  We had a rendez-vous at the doctor at 4 pm.  Every time she gets sick we go to a new doctor.  This lady (an ex-surgeon) I'm pretty sure was running a clinic out of her house, but she seemed nice enough and apparently Chloé had been there before so I just went with it.  This was her waiting room.  *Note that she only sees children.


I'm pretty sure if an American kid walked into this waiting room that they would be slightly confused and oh so bored.  It couldn't have been more bland and white and there was only a small box with very few toys and a play tractor.  No children's books, colors, puzzles, or toys.  Just a gray couch, white walls, white chairs, and a white trash can.  Luckily, we didn't wait for very long.  

Since any time a child is sick here, parents rush their kids to the doctor to get absolutely doped up with 15 bottles of medicine.  Marie-Césare has a cold, a simple cold that she caught from countless others at school no doubt and the doctor prescribed 4 different kinds of medicine.  Wowzers!  That's a lot for a 4 year old.  Although here's the kicker-it only cost us 2.30 euros.  

Chloé brought home a small bouquet of flowers for me this evening.  In exchange for keeping Marie-Césare today.  (This whole doing people a favor thing can really pay off, you know?  Champagne...Flowers...Now if only I could weasel some jewelry out of the deal I'd be doing alright!)  I love having flowers in my apartment but they are quite pricey here so I don't purchase them much.  Since my place is so small fresh flowers really brighten up the entire room!  

They haven't bloomed just yet but hopefully tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment