Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, September 19, 2011

THIS very moment next week!

Had a fairly uneventful weekend.  Friday night I went for a few drinks with the girls on rue Oberkampf.  We went to a place called "Bar des Pirates" and I'm pretty sure the only thing that made it pirate-y was one fake skeleton in the corner dressed in pirate gear.  Oh, and the entire place was about as big as my apartment.

So I was trying to put a patch over my eye and seem pirate-y but it just looks like I'm embarrassed to be with Laura...ha!  Oh yes...everyone-meet Laura!  
Saturday morning I woke up late (big shocker, I know) and went to Saint-Germain-en-Laye to visit Taylor for the afternoon.  Its quite a haul out there, and I give anyone oodles of credit for any au pair who lives there.  Its a nice small town, filled with loads English speaking people and of course, the rich.  Small boutiques, fromageries, boulangeries, and market stands spilled out onto the cobblestone streets of Saint-Germain on a Saturday afternoon.  Everywhere I went I heard English causing me to turn my neck like a hoot owl.  We wandered up and down the streets and in and out of delicious pastry shops and confiseries.  

Absolutely gorgeous fig tart.  If it wasn't 24 euros and I knew I had enough willpower not to eat it all in one sitting, I would have bought it for myself.  :)
We stopped and had a beer at a local Irish pub and this strange concoction was brewing to the left.  I forgot to ask exactly what it was, but it seemed to be some very old liquor with lemons and a few other "fruits?" that we couldn't figure out justttt exactly what they were.  I am sure that it has been there since 1992.  


I met Taylor's host mother at her place of business, Ceramikafe.  She owns a paint your own pottery business in the heart of Saint-Germain.  One of the only places in the Paris area and if we weren't so dad gum far I think it would be an excellent thing for Marie-Césare to do.  

I heard my tummy growling at me and Taylor suggested we get back on the train to Chatoû (where he actually lives, just a few stops on the RER towards Paris).  We found a small Indian restaurant just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the train station.  It was delish.  


This was mine but I felt the most interesting part about it was the carrot garnish.  I don't know who took the time out of their day to dig out the insides of those carrots and turn them into "flowers" but they should really stop.  It was pretty useless and no doubt the labor could be going in some other aspect of that kitchen.  

I always forget at Indian restaurants there is so much food on the table. 
It was pouring when we left the restaurant so the hop, skip and jump back to the train station felt like a lifetime.  Sunday I seriously did not do a thing.  I skyped with both my mom and dad, heard the most horrible news about the pauvre Ole Miss football killing by Vandy, made myself a delicious pasta and veggie dinner, and cleaned up my iPhoto a little.  

My flowers have gotten so pretty, and the petals are beginning to fall.  I have enjoyed having them but I think I will take the petals to Marie-Césare, Manon, and Cléo tomorrow at the park and let them play with them.  They enjoy playing house now and making "salad" with all the things they can find in the park.  


Lunch tomorrow with Laura from North Carolina.  It has seriously been forever since I've seen her!! So glad to have her back in Paris for a few more months and can't wait to catch up.  

This time NEXT WEEK at this exact day and exact time I will be having boat drinks and singing with my fins up at JIMMY BUFFETT!!!!! Ahhhhhh...I seriously can't wait.  Chance of a friggin' lifetime!!!!! 

"In a week I'll be in gay Paris; that's a mighty long airplane ride.  Yes it cleans me out, and then I can go on."  -JB, Tryin' to Reason with Hurricane Season

No comments:

Post a Comment