Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pink Flamingo Pizza

Between dance and horseback riding, lunch and trying to fit in a short nap, we don't have time for much else on Wednesdays.  But today after dance we decided to squeeze in a little art atelier.  I had brought Elmer's glue back from the states (can't seem to find a good equivalent here) and lots of glitter.  

The mess.
Being silly...as always.
Our masterpieces!
After a long Wednesday with the kiddos, I met up with some friends for pizza and vino.  We went to a place in Le Marais called the Pink Flamingo.  They have a few locations around Paris but this one was just more convenient for everyone.  There was 6 of us so finding a table wasn't so easy, but they popped up some tables along the sidewalk for us and were seating rather quickly.  Inside was decorated with pink walls, pink and white checked tablecloths, and a few pink flamingos perched around the tiny restaurant.  Tables spilled out onto the sidewalk (as most good French restaurants do) and people were enjoying pizza and beer from corner to corner.  There was an old VW van parked just out front of the restaurant which you could actually sit in and eat your pizza.  Cute idea, yes...but they could have done so much more with it.  


I'm talking paint the thing pink, pink flamingo lights, turned around the front seats and turned them into actual chairs...maybe that's the restaurateur coming out in me or maybe.... just the american.  It seemed to be an integral part of the restaurant and they painted their delivery bicycle pink?  So why not the van?  

Alison, Rozy and I
Laura, Maria, Estelle, and I
Anywho, it was good company, delicious pizza, and not so good wine.  I asked if they had a wine menu and he replied with, "No, rouge, blanc, ou rosé."  HA!  I died out laughing.  We are in France for goodness sakes, although I am thinking most people don't have wine with pizza.  We received a warm, watered down white wine vintage from 2011...classy.  My pizza on the other hand was outrageously good.  La Poulidor.  


They are all cooked in a wood fired oven (as all good pizzas are) and was topped with very thin apple slices, goat cheese, and slices of roasted duck breast.  Ohhh yummy.  I adore the combination of apple slices and goat cheese and the duck just gave it enough salty and meatiness to make it a proper meal.  So much that I couldn't finish it all.  

Estelle was sitting across from me and ordered Le Bjork.  Salmon, créme fraîche, and caviar.  
I keep dreaming about this Buffett concert in a few days.  Every night I ask Chloé if its still okay for her to come home early on Monday.  I know she's getting annoyed.  Went yesterday and bought my grass skirt, lei, and umbrella toothpicks for my boat drinks.  No.  I'm not excited.  Not at all.

1 comment:

  1. I'll try again, on another computer, to comment on those incredible pizzas. That sounds like a place I would love to visit, even with bad wine! Duck breast pizza? Salmon and caviar pizza? How do you choose? I can imagine the rest of the menu -- actually, no I can't! Stop, Maggie, no more food photos, they're too much for me to dream about.

    ReplyDelete