Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another afternoon in Vincennes.

After class on Monday Ashleigh and I met and headed out to Vincennes.  Ashleigh wanted to see the Chateau as well as the Parc Floral and of course meet Kerry and Yann for the afternoon.  I had only been by the Parc Floral, I think the last time I was there it was closed.  Even though its not spring yet, I was still impressed with the park!  Upon first entering the park, your eyes are drawn to this strange ball of leaves, which once you get a closer look you realize its actually a spider!! Then, we took a step back and realized there were spiders all over the place.  Made from sticks, leaves, bushes, flowers, pine cones....it was fascinating! And such a genius idea.





As we walked on we could see all the signs of spring! Buttercups, crocus', sunshine, children, sunglasses, and Ashleigh saw her first white swan.  As we reached the top of the hill, we stopped and she took off running with her camera waving in the air yelling, "A white swan! A white swan!" I of course didn't see the big deal so I followed after her and asked what color their swans are.  She said they were black! Black?! Black?!? There is no such thing as a black swan.  Yes, turns out in Australia there are actually black swans.  And from their pictures they are quite ugly little creatures.

Ashleigh chasing after the white swans with her camera.



We went to meet Kerry for a little stroll and to take Yann to play.   On our way we passed a delicious looking boulangerie.  I hadn't tried an éclair until now, so decided to get one for an afternoon snack.  


I will have to say it wasn't my most favorite thing I've had since I've been here, but still good.  I mean....how can French pastry and chocolate go wrong?  I think I was expecting more of a strong chocolate flavor in the middle, but instead I got a whipped chocolate pastry cream taste.  Which, of course, is what it's suppose to be.  

Just on the other side of the Parc Floral we stopped at a small playground to let Yann out of his stroller.  He is a fun little guy, but I am thankful that I don't have to chase after a 12 month old all day long!  I don't know how Kerry does it then still has energy on the weekends for all that we do.  


Yes, he is a little snotty and chocolate-y, but what's the fun without that?!


Had a good morning with Marie-Césare, Padi and Didou took them for the afternoon.  Hopefully tonight will go well and not too many fights between her and Gaspard!  Am trying to start planning something for April holidays. Anybody want to come and visit!? :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment