Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesdays?

Wednesdays have seemed like a foreign concept to me, as I haven't spent a full Wednesday working in at least a month and a half.  I don't mind Wednesdays at all, in fact, I love them!  Normally Wednesdays are an au pairs worst nightmare, but doing fun things - just us - is great.  

Manon's dad was bringing her by our house before art school this morning.  Their babysitter couldn't come and both of her parents had to work so of course I didn't mind to keep her until 10:30.  Marie-Césare and Manon usually play well together, including not listening to me.  Manon is a very sweet girl, not quite so grown up as Marie-Césare, with a bit of a temper if she doesn't get what she wants (typical here in France I find)...



They dressed up and wore earrings, pretty purses, and crowns.  We put on music to dance and ate pain au chocolat.  I sent them off to school with flowers from Marc, the florist, and bonbons in each pocket of their coats.  Marie-Césare came home with a sculpture she had finished a few weeks ago which had her in the mood for some Playdoh.  Of course I obliged...I love Playdoh!  I was the kid who didn't mix the colors because if you did it was ruined.  I never even wanted a little tiny dot of purple to get in the yellow because then you might as well throw it away.  Well, Marie-Césare is the exact opposite.  She mixes the colors and blends them all together until she has a fine shade of brown.  


Our suns!


Every time she smashed them together and rolled it out I just wanted to take it away and save the Playdoh from its ugly agony.  (Yes, another obsessive compulsive trait of mine.)

She took a quick nap, and afterwards we made chocolate Hello Kitty suckers.  I had bought the mold awhile ago here in Paris, but was saving it for a rainy day like today!  The mold had a thin paper sugar coating of a face of Hello Kitty, and after the first use...now its just a mold.  


They turned out pretty cute!  And it was very easy which is the key with Marie-Césare.  As you can see from below, even the simplest of tasks she takes advantage of.  


I had also taken this picture last week.  We made these for Franck's birthday.  Its just bread, although now they are rock solid and still perched upon their counter for goodness knows what reason.  


I had a first tonight.  It had been raining for most of the afternoon and as I was stepping off one of the streets onto the sidewalk...I did it.  I fell.  On my face.  I was so embarrassed.  A lady stopped and asked, "ça va?"  All I could say was "oui" and run off.  haha....I couldn't help but laugh at myself.  Sure I've tripped up or down the stairs of the metro several times, but never completely wiped out like I did tonight.  I'm sure it won't be the last time!  

Class in the morning and then I'm meeting Kerry tomorrow night for a browse in H&M at their new summer wardrobe items.  We're planning on going to Giverny on Saturday to visit Monet's house and gardens.  Hopefully we will have beautiful weather!  

1 comment:

  1. ahhh you have no idea how much the play doh and random crafts reminds me of my daily activity! Everytime I read your blog about marie cesare I wish we could somehow have an international playdate together! I think She and Lucille would love each other! Atleast I can tell Lucille all about her and her love of mixing playdoh!! Hope you're having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete