Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Taking It To The Next Level...

Went to school this morning like every other Monday.  For some reason today just dragggggged on.  I'm pretty sure I looked at my watch 20 times to only find 3 minutes had passed.  As we were getting ready to go my teacher asked who was staying for the next trimester.  I raised my hand as I am paid up until June 18th.  She then suggested to me that I might move up to the next level.  *gasp*.  The whole class ohhhed and ahhhed.  Really?  Am I really ready for that?  That's a whole new book!  She told me to look over the rest of the material in our book and see if I thought I could do it....and maybe she would test me and see if I was ready.  Oh goodness.  I guess I should be glad that she thinks I'm ready to advance a step...but the real question is...am I?! 

I love weeks when its just Marie-Césare and I.  As much as I love having Gaspard there...it is 10 times easier with just one.  We've gotten to the point where we can conversate...and its warm enough outside after school where we can play in the park until 6 pm or so!  She had gone to a birthday party for her friend Éva on Sunday and had fake pink hair braids and beads to put in her hair.  Since mom's out of town and dad's not exactly the best coiffure....I took the liberty of fixing her 'do.  She loved it.  



Pretty good, huh?  Well...she liked it anyway...

I have also really been concentrating on teaching her English words.  I know she doesn't like it...because its hard for her, but after all, that's why I'm here so I feel like before I leave she should know a few things!  Some of the words she knows so far are door, kiss, open, close, apple, fork, spoon, I want, I love you, goodbye, thank you....very simple words but words you would use often.  And I try to teach her words without the "r" or "th" sounds because that is seemingly difficult for a French person.  

Laying low this week, Didou is coming Wednesday after art class and staying the night so I will have Wednesday evening off.  Too bad all my friends work all day on Wednesdays!!  Maybe I'll go wander around The Louvre.  

No comments:

Post a Comment