Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring!

The days are becoming longer and much more beautiful!  It's weird to begin shedding my pea coat and boots for spring jackets and flats.  Although, if you stepped out onto the streets at any given time during the day you will see the average 40 year old with hat, scarf, and gloves still on...the elderly woman with a trench coat, fancy hat with flowers, and more scarves than I even own...and the child riding around on his scooter begging his mother to let him take his coat off.  Is there like a universal date here that its acceptable to not wrap up in winter clothing??  

Mark had some flowers that were a few days old so as privileged as I am, he gave them to me today.  They really brighten up my apartment and think it might become a permanent addition to my place!  


Marie-Césare wasn't feeling very well this morning, and we debated whether or not she should go to art school, but she perked up so I sent her on her way.  Didou picked her up and maybe she is nursing her back to health today and tomorrow morning.  If not, I will be going after my class tomorrow to stay with sick Marie-Césare.  Bleh.  

Looked out my window this evening to a beautiful sunset.  Sure its over the city and its definitely not the beach, but it was still pretty.  I just sat on my counter and watched it go down with a cup of tea in my hand.  I'm sure all the other people in my building were thinking what is that girl doing?  But I didn't care...it was great.  It reminded me of springtime in Oxford...which besides football season is my favorite time of year there.  


Happy Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow! Don't forget to wear your green!  

4 comments:

  1. I just sent you a wonderful note about St. Pat's day, and the site wouldn't let me send it. Rats. Sometimes that happens, and it maddens me. But, I'll try again. If this one works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'll try to send you my story again. It was a good one! It went something like this:

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too. And, here's a funny little story about St. Pat's day here in Galax. I take a water aerobics class, and most of the people in the class are older women and older men. Most of the men have breasts much larger than mine! You can just imagine the scene, right? Well, today, one of the fellows brought a trash bag full of St. Pat's hats -- green and white and shamrock-ed, tall and floppy. He demanded that all of us wear one of these silly things WHILE we would be in the pool jumping around. I declined, as I am a woman with more class than that (and mature, too; I had also declined to wear the Valentine's Day dilly-bopper headband, too). So, at my refusal, he turned around and mooned me. He actually did it! Can you imagine being mooned by a 75-year-old man? So, while you were enjoying a lovely Parisian sunset, I was treated to a 'moon.'

    I hope that Marie-Cesare recovers by tomorrow. However, if she does not, I know that you have the perfect lap for her to convalesce in. After work, go see if you can find some green beer or some green wine, somewhere in Paris, and hoist one for the Saint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you read that right. I said most of the MEN have breasts larger than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your story. So funny and sounds like something that would happen to me! And yet, so unfortunate!!! Had a good Saint Patty's Day evening, including seeing the Moulin Vert! haha....it was hilarious and I was surprised at how many people were out for the night!

    ReplyDelete