Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

On This Day In History...

Did you know that on this day, March 31st, 1889 the Eiffel Tower opened?  It sure did.  I love fun facts.  I read it this morning in the daily "Direct Matin" and thought it would be nice to share!  The opening ceremonies of the Eiffel Tower were conducted by Gustave Eiffel, the designer, as well as the Prime Minister, several other dignitaries, and about 200 construction workers.  The Eiffel Tower was built in honor of the centenary of the French Revolution and the design by Mr. Eiffel was chosen out of about 100 entries.  It stands 984 feet tall, and was the tallest structure in the world until the Chrysler Building was built in 1930.  The Eiffel Tower was suppose to be torn down 20 years after it was built because the lease on the land had expired, but the height of the tower was too important for radio transmission.  


Yes....maybe you learned something today?  

Cléo's mother asked me if I could pick Cléo up from school today until around 6:30 or 7.  I didn't mind especially since Marie-Césare loves having friends over....so we headed to the park after school.  Shortly thereafter, it began to rain so we had to rush home so we didn't get soaked!  Luckily the girls both had on rain boots and coats so it wasn't too bad!  We stopped in to see Marc for a couple of flowers, then took Cléo to see Marie-Césare's princess room.  We had a dance, they put on a play, we played doctor and of course got out the Playdoh again.  Cléo plays Playdoh like me, so we got along jusssst fine. 


Luckily her mother wasn't too late, because keeping up with two French children just about does it in for me.  Got to skype with my precious cousin Landon and Melanie tonight! He has gotten so big and I love when my internet works well enough to video!! We get to make funny faces at each other and I can see pictures that he has drawn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment