Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Just Another Day

My favorite busker is now back on the line 2.  He's been on a 3 month hiatus and he provided me with a lot of entertainment on my way home at night.  He's this guy who looks like one of my friends from Bulgaria (actually, had to do a double take) and he carries around his stereo on a cart like all the others.  He plays rap music (karaoke style of course so you can hear his words) and sometimes throws in a little beatboxing for kicks.  When he sings you can't really tell if he's singing in English or French because he sings so close to the microphone that the words are all fuzzy.  Not to mention his fuzziness is off key.  I also forget how much I enjoy my metro ride to Courcelles every evening.  There are so many cute, young, business (French) men traveling to and from the 16th arrondissement that I just hope one will step on my toe or bump into me so we can strike up a conversation.  Silly?  Yes, I think so.  

Before I explain my day, I must tell you that Chloé is somewhere in Russia for the week.  She left Tuesday, and is coming back tomorrow.  Didou has been staying with them all week and we have been taking turns taking care of the kiddos.  Now, my boring story of today!  

I arrived at the Lachaize household around 4 this afternoon, veggie shopping from Naturalia in hand.  I love bio veggie shopping....Didou was there sewing some curtains and Susanna was ironing and cleaning as normal.  Gaspard came home and asked if he could go with me to pick up Marie-Césare from school.  Of course!  It would have been more exciting for Gaspard except for when I got there Franck was already there to get her!  Quelle surprise!  So the whole family was there to pick her up and she was very excited to see us all.  We all walked to the park together holding hands as we crossed the street and had goûter.  We met up with Cléo, like always, and Franck and Gaspard went back home.  We stayed at the park until 6:15!  A pretty good afternoon at the park I'd say.  Franck and Gaspard were sitting on the couch when we walked in BOTH on separate computers.  The little geeks.  Susanna and Didou were still there as we left them.  I like it when there are a lot of people at the house.  Not for long periods of time, but for an evening its nice!  We goofed around for about an hour with the kids and Franck and Gaspard left for the cinema around 7.  Boy, did Didou have some things to say about that.  She was preparing to cook a nice dinner for everyone....so I quickly volunteered to stay around and eat whatever she was going to cook!  haha....Didou, Marie-Césare and I played together before and after dinner which was fun.  We ate the last of the Peeps that my mom sent in an Easter package, and finished the evening with an episode of "La Petite Maison sur la Prairie."  

Didou brought me a little trinket for my bijoux from Morocco.  So sweet.  She is always so sweet, and although my Mimi and Granny are not here, and NO ONE can ever fill those shoes (pretty big shoes to fill I might add)......she does a pretty good job of trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment