Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sable

Sorry my posts haven't been so exciting lately!! The humdrum of the week doesn't seem so important to write about.  Even today was rather boring!  Manon came over as usual, we did have quite a few "tiffs" between the girls this morning, but wasn't life or death.  All the talk is about their birthday party this coming Sunday at Park de Bercy.  It's pretty far from where they live in the 9th, I only hope a few friends show up and the weather is nice!  

After our nap (yes, it is now our nap as I have taken a liking to Wednesday afternoon naps under the covers on the couch) we met Phanie and Manon at Parc Monceau for a little romp in the sand.  Franck told Marie-Césare that she could play in the sand today and for me to take a change of clothes.  I knew Mama Lachaize was not going to like this, but she was already so excited about it and couldn't get it out of her mind.  We packed a backpack with a change of clothes, goûter, sunglasses, pail and shovel, and sunscreen and hopped on the metro.  Before Manon even arrived she was covered from head to toe in sand and water.  The fountain is just near the bac a sable (sandbox) so all the kids fill their pails with water and slosh them over to the giant sandbox.  Before you know it its one big, muddy, sandy, mess.  Oh yea, the sandbox too.  







I basically stripped her down to nothing, dumped a pail of clean water over her head, dried her off in the sun and with paper towels and kleenex (I failed to think of the drying part) and put her new clothes on.  Which she then proceeded to somehow get wet while I wasn't looking.  Chloé was home when we got there, after being in New York since Monday.  She arrived home with lots of American goodies, huge ribbon hair bows from Bergdorf's, and M & M's with Happy Birthday written on them.  

Still trying to figure out plans for Disney on Saturday...but hopefully it will work out!! It may end up just being me and Ash but that's alright by me as well.  Although that means I will actually have to ride things with her instead of just being a bystander.  (Truthfully, I am more interested in having my picture taken with the princesses...) Birthday in 6 days and mom and Pat come in 11 days!!! Yessss!!!! Really glad volcano 'di%cvgb&weli*n2' hasn't blown again...I told my mother if that it does and it interrupts their trip, I will personally go jump in!  

1 comment:

  1. Love your name for the volcano, and it's about as easy to pronounce as the real name. I do hope that your family gets there. Gracious, but Mother Nature has been a little PMS-y around the world lately.

    Happy early birthday, Maggie. You are a princess.

    ReplyDelete