Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Invitations

Manon arrived early yesterday morning, because we had an actual task to get done before art class.  Chloé sent me on a mission on Tuesday to find birthday party invitations.  Manon and Marie-Césare's actual birthdays are in July, but no one is ever here in July or August because they are on vacation, so the two families have gotten together to plan a two-for-one birthday for the end of May.  I think its a great idea, but I'm pretty sure that when it comes down to the day of, the girls are going to hate sharing their birthdays...I might be wrong, so we shall see.  I couldn't find any Disney Princess or Barbie invitations, so I bought blank hot pink notecards and matching envelopes and tons of stickers, jewels, and glitter glue for the girls decorate them with.  Yes, this kind of thing is very expensive and I have only found it at BHV but since I wasn't paying for it I kinda went a little crazy.  

I cut all the sheets of stickers in two pieces, sat the girls on opposite sides of the tables, made sure there were 2 of everything...and we went to town.  They had clear directions not to use all the stickers on one notecard and only decorate one side so we could post the directions and information on the other.  Things went well!  There were no dramatic disputes, no horrifying accidents, and not one invitation looked better than the other.  The girls were so proud of what they had made!




After art class, lunch, and a super long nap (I managed to sneak in about an hour of sleep as well) we met Manon and Fanny, Manon's Wednesday babysitter, at Parc Monceau.  We had goûter in the grass, played in the fountain, and of course the sand.  I know Chloé said no, but it is so hard when all of her friends are rolling around in the huge sandbox of fun and she is just standing on the sidelines watching.  So, I gave in yesterday and told her yes...you would think I handed her a lifetime supply of bonbons at how excited she was.  

Around 6 I decided it was time to go, and we agreed to take the bus back with Manon and Fanny.  I don't take the bus hardly at all, because the metro is just so easy and fast.  Fanny told me where we got on was just outside the park, and the closest stop was just below the park near their school.  I usually like to have Marie-Césare in the bath by 6:30 and sitting down at the table by 7.  The walk to the bus stop was a pretty good hike with two 3 year old girls and a rolling backpack full of toys.  (Fanny then declared that she will never bring the valise anywhere with them again....smart girl.)  We didn't get on the bus until 6:30 and the walk home with Marie-Césare took almost 30 minutes from the bus stop.  Needless to say, we should have just taken the metro.  Faster, closer, and normally people give up their seats for a 3 year old.  After running home and throwing her into the bath, I fixed up a quick meal and Chloé soon returned excited to see the final product of the invitations.  She was pleased and so was Manon's mom, I showed her today after school.

We went to Cléo's house after school today (with Manon and her mom of course) which is always fun for the girls and good for me.  Its good for me to have to sit through French conversations of actual adults instead of just talking to kids.  Today I understood everything that was going on, but still not fast enough to interject into a conversation....I only speak when spoken to.  Which, is pretty normal of my character too.

Tomorrow some au pairs are meeting at Champ de Mars for un pique-nique!  Hope to have some good weather.  Laine's baccalaureate service is tonight and I am so excited for her!  Tomorrow is the big day and I wish her nothing but happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment