Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Today wasn't as fabulous of a Wednesday as the last...but it was still a good day!  Manon came by this morning after a week of having the chicken pox.  Marie-Césare has already had them, so there shouldn't be any reason for her to catch them....we hope!  Poor Manon still had places on her face and looked terrible!  


Art class went well, they made some clay sculpture that will be ready to be picked up 3 classes from now.  Chloé always wonders why she pays so much for her to go to class when she brings home just drawings on paper....can't say I blame her!  We made brownies after class and before lunch, some that I had received in a package from someone over the past couple of months.  Chloé got home tonight from her trip to Qatar and tried one and the first thing she said was, "Hmm...how did you make these?  They taste very....American."  BAHAHA.  I love it when they say things like that, because its so true.  And they are pretty bland!  And yes, I told her I just dumped the mix, eggs, oil and water in a bowl.  C'est facile, non?!

Marie-Césare's school is selling these aprons as a fundraiser.  How CUTE are they?!  



Each child drew a small picture and their name, and the company turned them all onto an apron.  What a precious idea!  And what parent wouldn't want one of those?  Franck even bought me one.  I have somehow acquired several aprons since I've been here...but I wouldn't want to miss out on this one for sure.  

We took a quick nap and planned to meet Ashleigh and her girls at a movie theater between us for an afternoon showing of Winnie l'Ourson.  Winnie the Pooh.  Ash and I got our communication screwed up so it was just Marie-Césare and I at the movies.  It was weird having a different version of "The Wonderful Things About Tiggers" and not hearing, "Oh bother..." but it was still cute.  And the perfect length for the little ones to sit through.  And just like I remembered it!  


We went to the park for just a little bit to play with Manon and Cléo, but its really hard on those girls when there are 3 and not just 2 of them.  So, we left early to go see if Chloé was home.  She spent a week in Russia, and has been gone since Monday to somewhere in Qatar.  She came home tonight just dragging her feet and so tired.  Can't say I blame her.  I have lots of questions to ask but I could tell tonight was not the night! ha! 

Tomorrow is another school day and if its sunny going to lie in Parc Monceau.  All of my sun from Italy is going away and I need to not let that happen!  Enjoying a delicious American brownie complete with vanilla ice cream and HERSHEY'S syrup and whipped cream for dinner.  Yep, for dinner.  YUM. 




No comments:

Post a Comment