Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday!

Yes, today is my birthday.  I will be the very old age of 24.  Can you imagine?  Last night I went to dinner with my host family to celebrate.  Chloé and Franck work late tonight, and tomorrow they leave for Belgium for the weekend so last night it was.  I was so appreciative not for the candles and cake, the presents or cards, but for the time that they took out of their busy lives to celebrate with me.  I know it isn't easy taking Marie-Césare to a restaurant especially at 8:00 at night, and I'm more than sure they were exhausted...but it meant a lot to me that they would plan to celebrate properly with me.  We went to a small place in the 18th, where I had champagne to start, fish for dinner, and pain perdu for birthday dessert.  It was delish!  The dessert was my favorite.  It was a souped up version of French Toast, made with homemade brioche and caramel sauce.  

Marie-Césare sang this to me in honor of my birthday!  Isn't it precious?!  


I couldn't have asked for a better host family, or a better birthday celebration.  Not sure what I will do today, but hopefully something fun and Parisian.  Maybe some macarons from Ladurée?  Some heavenly French pastries that I walk past every day and never have the chance to try?  We will see!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment