Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I just wanted to post a few photos of the afternoon Laine and I went to Murfreesboro to spend time with our nieces, or, step-nieces, Alli and Kaitlyn.  I wanted to make a point to see them, and Christy before I left and we were running out of days and options so I just decided to pick them up from school the Wednesday before leaving.  They attend ESP in the summer, so I picked them up just after lunch time and before nap time which worked out perfect.  We got all buckled in and I turned around to ask the girls what they wanted to do.  Allie replied with her normal meek voice, "pool!" And Kaitlyn said, "Chuck-E-Cheese."  Hmm....what to do?  We had quite a bit of time so I made the executive decision we would go to the pool first, see how long we could last in the 102 degree heat and go from there.  The pool was a place in Murfreesboro with 2 giant slides, an excellent kiddy pool, a splash pool, a rock climbing wall, and sprinklers all over the place.  Awesome!  I could have stayed there all day.  

Pretty normal Kaitlyn face



Alli, me, and Kait...Kaitlyn obviously bothered by the sun! ha!  

An hour and a half and 4 coca-cola icees into it and we were already beginning to lose energy.  Kait and I went down the big slides one more time and then we packed up for it was entirely too hot... even in a pool... to be outside.   Chuck-E-Cheese was fun...ya know...just Chuck-E-Cheese.  The girls love it there, and they can both branch off and do their own thing.  Both the girls came home with these crazy Kanye West sunglasses which I hear are quite the show stoppers at home.  


I enjoy spending time with them so much, and although Murfreesboro seems so far away from Lawrenceburg, its really not!  Not as far as Paris anyway!  They are two very sweet, smart, and hilariously funny girls whom their mama has done an excellent job in raising them.  I see so much of Kaitlyn in the mannerisms of Alli... its so funny!  

And of course I have to throw in another photo of the love of my life, Landon.  I love this kid so much and now that he is growing up it is so fun to have grown up conversations!  (Well, almost grown up.)  He does say the darndest things and every time I spend time with him I realize how lucky I am to have such a wonderful little man in my life!  


Papaw and Landon looking at the "blueberry birds."
Safe and sound in my apartment in Paris.  Am only trying to stay awake until 7 or so tonight so I can crash.  It was weird coming back for the second time.  My feelings were much different.  I didn't have all the anxiety of last time...and I still have all my fingernails.  I knew where I was going, who was going to be there when I got there, how I was going to get there, and how to communicate just in case.  MUCH different.  I always hate to leave my family for long periods of time, because I will miss them so, but am looking forward to what this year will bring me.  My first concern is renewing my visa which I'm not even guaranteed a renewal, so I could be coming home a lot sooner than you guys think!  That is my main priority tomorrow morning and am getting up to go to the prefecture at 7am and after that a trip to my school to pay this semesters tuition.  Yuck.  Should be a fun day.  

For all of those who took off work and made time to visit me over the past 3 weeks, know that I appreciate you.  I have a wonderful family and fabulous friends and I just want you all to know that I appreciate the time we spent together.  Whether it be a few days or just 30 minutes, I love you all so much and I am so blessed to have you in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment