Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Laine = Oxford Bound

Have been thinking of my sister ALL day and wondering if its really hot in Oxford.  My guess is yes, that its blistering hot, for its the second move-in day for the freshmen!  Laine left this morning at 6 am (supposedly) for Ole Miss.  I keep waiting by my skype to see if she'll pop up and I can bug her to death until I get to see her room.  Her roommate is Madeline Cristina (Maddy) of Louisiana, and the two girls have gone to Camp Merri-Mac together since Stardust.  I know that they are going to have some good times, bad times, fun times, sad times, and we can only hope...study times together.  I'm so proud of Laine and her accomplishments thus far and only wish her the best in her 4 years at Ole Miss.  Its times like these when I wish I was home to help!!!! 

Lucky for me its pretty blistering hot in Paris today too.  86 degrees with no a/c and tomorrow..90! Wowzers!  I went back to the pool today but there was a queue like, 45 minutes long to get into the pool area, much less the over crowded piscine so I just walked across to Parc de Bercy.  I laid on the grass for about 30 minutes and decided it was just too blistering hot for this and walked back across the bridge to the movie theater.  Ahhh yes.  Air conditioning.  I just might have to go see another one tomorrow.  

For those of you *ahem*, Americans, who like to have peanut butter M&M's and Dr. Pepper during your movie showing...you can just head on over to Mk2 Bibliotheque Francois Mitterand.  

For some really strange reason, in their gift shop just past the regular concessions counter, they have a whole section dedicated to pretty popular "cheeky" American food/candy items.  Among those that I found today: Marshmallow Fluff, Lucky Charms, Mountain Dew, Cherry Coke, French's Mustard, Goober PB&J Mix, and the oh so delicious Bac-O's.  (All for a pretty price of course...3.80 for a can of Dr. Pepper?  I would have to be craving it realllll bad...that's nearly $5.50!) I could never imagine a French person buying Bac-O's either....I don't know any American's who buy those!  I'm not even sure the American food store here in Paris, Thanksgiving, sells Bac-O's.  Although I couldn't really help myself in taking a small package of Peanut Butter M&M's.  They were only 1.90 so I indulged my movie induced sweet tooth and as usual, the package was gone before the movie even started!




No comments:

Post a Comment