Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, August 12, 2011

shout outs

Didn't do much today but had a great day!!! You know why?  I got to talk to Ashleigh today!! My long lost Australian/American/French friend whom I haven't talked to since June. We chatted for nearly 2 hours about summer camps, vacations, Paris, lack of Paris, being home, leaving home, starting school, how being in America for quite some time can ruin ones French speaking skills...etc.  It was fantabulous.  (Why does fantabulous not show up red on my spell check...is that a real word?)  Anywho, I hope that we get to skype often now that she's back home.  And her aspirations to move to the States when she finishes her degree makes me one very happy camper!  

I also got the go ahead to shout out to my good friend, Taylor Capocaccia.  Its not official by visa standards, but its official by our standards that he will be joining me in Paris this year!  He goes for his visa appointment over the next week and will hop on a plane to Paris the 5th of September and arrive the morning of the 6th (flight already purchased).  Wahoo!  I am very excited to have a familiar face here with me.  I think it will be strange at first for me but of course exciting!  He will be living in Chatoû, a suburb between Nanterre and Le Vésinet.  He'll look after a young boy (6 or 7..can't remember) and have 2 older girls to cook dinner for and look after homework (11 and 13.. I think).  Here's to a great year together Taylor... new experiences, situations, languages, oh yea and fun!  

1 comment: