Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Photo Day

Today I have declared as random photo day on my little piece of the blogosphere.  I have several photos that don't really have a category or an interesting story to go with them, so that's what you all get to read today!  

Last weekend, Laura and I went to the Palais de la Découverte at the Grand Palais to an exhibition L'Oréal is putting on called, "Le Cheveu."  It's all about hair...strength, color, all kinds of wacky facts and figures.  

Hair by regions of the world.  Looks like my light brown super straight hair is right on track by the standards of southern America.  
Interesting wig?
Different colors and strengths and synthetic fibers.  
Another beautiful European museum...there are so many.  
When Marie-Césare and I sit down to read at night, Fancy Nancy is often the book of choice.  So we pick up Nancy for effect, and get to work.  

Fancy Nancy and the Sensational Babysitter was one of the books I got her for Christmas this year.
Her new tiger game...spin-off of Jenga and much easier for little kids.  
And the crème de la crème of the week?  Speculoos cheesecake.  
The top layer was a rich, chocolate-y, fudge type cake.  The bottom?  My absolute favorite...pure Speculoos tartine cheesecake.  It was so creamy and delicious, and since Speculoos is just as good off a spoon, imagine it mixed with cream cheese.  Heaven.  


Went perfectly with a cup of coffee and the company of great friends!

Getting really exciting and putting the finishing touches on our trip to Italy next week!!! Leaving early Saturday morning for our first stop-Milan.  After that, a short stay in Venice, a stop over in San Marino and finishing off the week in Roma!  Couldn't be more excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment