Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sondages, Enquêtes, and a No. 2 pencil

Surprise night off tonight!  I got to school to pick Marie-Césare up today and Chloé was waiting.  Not that I am not grateful, but couldn't she have called, I dunno, an hour earlier before I trekked across the city?  

Anywho, I have been trying to take buses more often in this city.  There's a bus that runs right in front of my house and goes straight to Jardin du Luxembourg, one of the most difficult places for me to get to via the metro. (And, when I say difficult I mean 2 different changes.)  There's a bus that runs from the end of Rue de Courcelles to Blanche, where I get off to go to Chloé and Franck's...runs almost the entirety of Metro line 2.  I have been taking it frequently if I find I have the time to wait for the bus.  Today, the buses where running every 2 to 3 minutes (normally every 8 or 10).  I wondered....

I didn't wonder very long because as soon as I got on I was handed a piece of paper and a pencil by an enquêter and asked to fill out the sondage.  I gladly obliged as somehow becoming a resident of France has made me feel very entitled to my opinion, and I think it is important that I be heard.  I quickly filled out the little bubbles with my answers:  where I was coming from, where I was going to, age, sex, do I take this bus often, etc.  A pretty simple and easy survey if you ask me...so easy I was surprised to see that people refused.  They must not ride this line very often.  I told the man with the important vest on that we needed a bus timer at our stop at Courcelles and how on Saturdays and Sundays they only run every 15 minutes even though every bus is packed.  At that moment I was just glad to be inside the bus and not waiting in the cold.  

And honestly, I could fill out a survey every day if it meant the buses run every 3 minutes!  

Catching people as they get on.
Another parisienne giving her opinion.  
This afternoon I went to Monoprix in search of anything Valentines-ish and came out with no success.  All I could find were some chocolate covered cherries and overpriced "I Love You" stickers with hearts.  But when I arrived at Chloé and Franck's to pick up afternoon snack, I had a small package waiting on me.  A small box full of Valentine's goodies from my mom!  Candy hearts, valentine's sock monkeys, iTunes gift card, decently priced stickers, and as always....Reese's peanut butter hearts, my favorite.  To share with Marie-Césare, of course.   


Have a few heart sprinkles and Valentine's cupcake liners left from last year.  Need to think of something for us to do to celebrate the occasion!  Any ideas?  

No comments:

Post a Comment