Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Living, Learning, Loving

This weekend has been one of those times that I wish I was of easier access to the United States.  I lost another dear family member Saturday morning, Pat's father, Pop.  He was a truly wonderful person, and although I only had the pleasure of knowing him a few years he has always welcomed me into his family as one of his own.  He was such a selfless man and I can guarantee you that he loved his family more than anything in the world.  He was encouraging and proud of each of us, no matter where we had been or where we were going.  

Dedicated to the service, his church, his friends and his family I can say that most definitely my life was touched by his kindness and generosity.  I am thankful I was able to see him during my visit home last summer, and because of skype, a meaningful conversation a few weeks ago.  I wish I was home to be with and support my family, but I know that they know I am thinking about them constantly.  

Its always tough to lose someone you love, and it will never get to the point that it doesn't hurt, but as a very wise man once told me, "it sure helps to know that I have a very wonderful and loving family to turn to."  My family has tripled in the past 6 or 7 years and I am forever thankful for that.  It certainly comes with ups and downs, but I love each and every one of you even from so far away and rest assured that not a day passes that I am not thankful for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment