Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Job Interview.....in French?

So, I suppose I've been holding off telling everyone my news until I knew for sure what was going on, but I suppose I can't keep it in any longer.  I have an official job interview next Tuesday (less than a week...ah!) with an events management company here in Paris.  K-Eva.  It's not for an official position after I finish with the Lachaize family, but more of a....when I have free time and on the weekends position, which if I would perhaps decide to stay could possibly turn into a permanent position.  

The interview is next Tuesday at 10 am, so everyone please pray for me.  Right now, its not about whether or not she chooses me or wants me to join her team, but whether or not I can successfully bring it and showcase my talent in FRENCH.  That is the kicker.  I'm AWESOME at what I do and I am hospitality in every sense of the word, and am confident in myself, but can I really get that across in another language...I don't know.  I'll be trying to anticipate what she's saying, understand what she's saying, and straighten out all of my jumbled words and sentences in my head, and that's just the beginning.  

Chloé is friends with the owner through her work with Van Cleef & Arpels, and so it is Chloé who sent her my CV.  She told her I was fluent- which is by the way 100% not true.  So if I turn out to be a fuddy-duddy Chloé will look like the idiot.  Instead of it being an English job with a bit of French on the side it will be a French speaking job with a little bit of English on the side.  A gigantic leap out of my comfort zone.  

But, I am not one to pass up on opportunity, so even if I decide not to stay in France, I cannot pass up this chance.  Even if just for the interview.    I'll seize the day, vive la France, and all the cockamamy babble...even though all the while I will be biting my nails and putting verb conjugations on repeat in my mind.   

Can't wait to fill you all in on the juicy details!  

No comments:

Post a Comment